Advertisement for Adobe to fight perception of unreliable buggy Premiere

Andrew Reid

8 hours ago, kaylee said:

hmm. does this happen to other ppl? ive only had a couple resolve crashes over the last few versions, but its when im pushing my system to the limit

edit: on an ancient 2013 imac with 8GB of ram ?

With the free 14 I would have some crashes sometimes (not an issue because I save regularly). With free 15 I basically never have crashes and I do a ton of things on my computer at once. In the end though it's free! haha, how could you complain?...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Premiere and Resolve are standing on a hill overlooking a field of cows. Adobe says, "Let's run down there and fuck all those cows." Resolve says, "Let's walk down there and fuck, one."

I'm in the edit on a long haul doc and only yesterday went from CC 2014 to CC 2019 because I was good with the bugs I had. But after spending 2 hours on finding and renaming dozens of .mov files to .mp4 files so Premiere 2019 could see them - right next to the other .mov from the same camera that didn't need to be changed - as it always had before, I'm excited to see what other tedious task I'll be put through in what is already a monumental undertaking.
At times, I like to remember my life before all this... and when I stand up and go look out the window, it still seems pretty, pretty, pretty, good - until I see Adobe mounting another cow in the distance. Hard to know what to think anymore.

Adobe is an antiquated company and they operate like one. Have you ever looked at their forums in search of a solution? It's an absolute nightmare, the first response from an actual Adobe team member is generally condescending and dismissive. They have gotten fat and lazy on the subscription model which gives them a million reasons to slow progress to a drip. 

Why rush along updates when their entire business model is built around people continuing to pay a monthly fee? Doesn't make business sense therefore it doesn't happen. 

I'm pretty fed up with it myself. Will likely switch to Resolve full time soon. 

14 hours ago, User said:

Premiere and Resolve are standing on a hill overlooking a field of cows. Adobe says, "Let's run down there and fuck all those cows." Resolve says, "Let's walk down there and fuck, one."

I'm in the edit on a long haul doc and only yesterday went from CC 2014 to CC 2019 because I was good with the bugs I had. But after spending 2 hours on finding and renaming dozens of .mov files to .mp4 files so Premiere 2019 could see them - right next to the other .mov from the same camera that didn't need to be changed - as it always had before, I'm excited to see what other tedious task I'll be put through in what is already a monumental undertaking.
At times, I like to remember my life before all this... and when I stand up and go look out the window, it still seems pretty, pretty, pretty, good - until I see Adobe mounting another cow in the distance. Hard to know what to think anymore.

Hah, lol, had that happen to me but clearing media cache/peak files fixed it without having to rename ? 

Gave up Premiere due to stability and haven't looked back. For those who are interested in stable give AVID a try, they have a free version out that is incredible. Resolve is my primary program now but I do occasionally have issues with it, and it's a performance hog. 

7 hours ago, Adam Kuźniar said:

Hah, lol, had that happen to me but clearing media cache/peak files fixed it without having to rename ? 

Thank you for the tip Adam.

I'm currently trying everything I can to overcome this horrible .move to .mp4 File Import Error. I literally have tens if thousands of files spread across many projects relating to the same larger project and this is a nightmare. I'd be grateful if any others have a successful workaround or further info on what is the actual cause of this problem? I've been trying to hack Premiere with different scripts, codecs etc... so far nothing. Ive even reinstalled the old trusty CC 2014 but need to have multiple projects open because the main project became too heavy so I split it into smaller projects so as to move towards this newer Premiere which can have multiple projects open.

I'm no longer editing, thanks Adobe. Attached is the latest fuckery.1941925751_ScreenShot2018-11-09at12_29_22PM.thumb.png.f541390fa68df246aab68843cfe9ce5d.png

Looks like Permiere is still as buggy as I remember. I left when it went CC, jumped into FCPx and haven’t looked back. Unfortunately I’m now doing work with an organization that’s all adobe, so I’m going to have to go back to Premiere to collaborate with the in-house editor. Not looking forward to that in any way. 

Chris

• 2 weeks later...