Best gimbal for Pocket 4K?

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 2 weeks later...

One of the core questions I have in mind for all of these gimbal options:

Nearly all of them feature the ability to program various kinds of motion time-lapse, either through a phone app or directly on the gimbal itself. 

The BMPCC 4K has time-lapse capability built in, but since none of the gimbals are going to be able to connect to/communicate with the camera directly … which of the gimbals can still be programmed for slow, time-lapse-style pans and tilts while not actually being connected to a camera? 

If any of you are in possession of one of these gimbals, and can give us a conclusive answer on this, I’d appreciate it greatly. The ability to program those slow motion-lapse moves is pretty the first feature I’m looking for (after simple stabilization, of course.) Thanks!

9 minutes ago, JordanWright said:

https://cvp.com/product/dji-ronin-s-camera-stabiliser-essentials-kit

@Kisaha

not bad for £459 kinda makes me want to replace my trusty glide cam!

200€ difference for a bunch of cables?!! The original price is crazy expensive. Got mine for 550€ during the Xmas sale.

Sturdy device, ultra heavy, but I guess just right for the P4K.

I have some balancing issues with all the Ronin's and camera's combination I have tried though.

Crane 2 seemed like an easier gimbal to balance, and it is possible to ride the P4K with it, jusy not a perfect match.

Everyone has been contacted.

Further people interested to order one, reach me via PM sending a message to my inbox please.

Ready to immediate delivery directly from the manufacturer following the private message route, now available.

A Pro - Specification P1.png

A Pro - Specification P2.png

A1 Pro -20190115.jpg

Accsoon A1 Pro (5).png

亚马逊 HDMI接口.jpg

亚马逊 HDMI线.jpg

亚马逊 Pro正面左置bmpcc.jpg

亚马逊 Pro背面左置bmpcc.jpg

亚马逊 盒子全家福.jpg

亚马逊 跟焦轮.jpg

内外包装2.jpg

Expect this performance from such piece of gear:

For those ones interested in hyperlapses:

Disclaimer: These embedded videos have nothing to do with the OP or manufacturer. Just random examples from brand users (previous models).

2 hours ago, Emanuel said:

Everyone has been contacted.

Further people interested to order one, reach me via PM sending a message to my inbox please.

Ready to immediate delivery directly from the manufacturer following the private message route, now available.

A Pro - Specification P1.png

A Pro - Specification P2.png

A1 Pro -20190115.jpg

Accsoon A1 Pro (5).png

亚马逊 HDMI接口.jpg

亚马逊 HDMI线.jpg

亚马逊 Pro正面左置bmpcc.jpg

亚马逊 Pro背面左置bmpcc.jpg

亚马逊 盒子全家福.jpg

亚马逊 跟焦轮.jpg

内外包装2.jpg

Expect this performance from such piece of gear:

For those ones interested in hyperlapses:

Disclaimer: These embedded videos have nothing to do with the OP or manufacturer. Just random examples from brand users (previous models).

Not sure why there are slow motion demo's, even my handheld shooting looks stable using slowmotion. Only 25fps matters in a demonstration. 

I like that the battery door can be opened on the gimbal. 

I had struggled a bit to find a lighter one to begin with, something under 1kg and a half.

As well, to have the possibility to change sides because of P4K body design.

Something other contenders don't comply.

Let alone the view angle thanks to the extra 45° letting you watch your camera screen while you're shooting.

Amongst other goodies such as 1080p video transmission (that is, in order to allow the use of a smartphone/tablet as monitor) and servo follow focus... : )

As expressly written as disclaimer, those are not demos. Aside the fact it is a new model, there's not where to take a look from yet. Since slow motion has become a new trend or what else you'll ever see masses looking for?! ; ) people tend to match one and another in the same pack. Reason why those were the ones randomly picked up from vimeo. Not much else there. In any case, it is not so hard to google and find some informative stuff about the predecessor models of this new gimbal version, I think it is not even necessary to point them out. Without mention, I think they should all be noticed before : -)

Questions:  Can an underslung mini-handle such as that for the Moza Air 2 be attached to the gimbal OR such as the DigitalFoto Solution Limited - TERMINATOR Handle for the DJI Ronin-S? 

A 5% discount matches that of Amazon's for Prime members.  Will the 10% discount be available?

After a purchase if the gimbal proves to be less stable than the Moza or Ronin, can the product be returned?

How soon, do you suppose, can a delivery be made in the US?

Anyone interested to put some sort of questions not exactly suitable to answer here, address them in the right place, not OT not in this thread please : ) You can easily reach me with a private message to my inbox. Thank you all for your understanding : -)

2 hours ago, Gabe Strong said:

I posted a review on the Accsoon gimbal a couple months ago, along with a ton of footage (quite a bit of it that is not slow motion.)  It’s a good gimbal, I’d say 85-90% of a Ronin S and quite a bit lighter (and a bit cheaper.)  Lots more info here:

https://digitalfilmmaker.net/accsoon-a1-s-dslr-gimbal-review/

Do you believe the Ronin S is better?

9 hours ago, Gabe Strong said:

I posted a review on the Accsoon gimbal a couple months ago, along with a ton of footage (quite a bit of it that is not slow motion.)  It’s a good gimbal, I’d say 85-90% of a Ronin S and quite a bit lighter (and a bit cheaper.)  Lots more info here:

https://digitalfilmmaker.net/accsoon-a1-s-dslr-gimbal-review/

And no I would not take the Minnesota Drive or go to the Islands. Hell they are both on a fault line. Be my luck it would be time for the "Big One" LoL. Nice review by the way.

Alutision Island.jpg