Looking for good, wide taking lenses for Iscorama Pre 36

jgharding

Gotta love the Pre 36 Iscorama... Gorgeous as it is, I've found the oft-recommended Mir-1B has quite some vignetting when i clamp the isco on with a Redstan clamp. 

Does as anyone have any recommendations for wide (at 1.5 stretch, so 35mm and wider) lenses that won't vignette very noticably?

I wonder if i need to move the isco closer or further away?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I use Zhongyi II speedbooster with GH5S and 35mm Elmarit-R is the widest I can go. Had to use rings instead of Redsan adapter as it is really important to get the back of pre 36 to the front element of Leica. It is almost touching the glass. Also, I added this to the lens (managed to make better cut in the middle, but don’t have photo), which helped to remove white flare.

39B3FA33-DF5B-49B5-AF78-E2C83DE370BC.thumb.jpeg.ff0b4e9005cf3360f1797740dca750b2.jpeg

On 11/2/2018 at 3:55 PM, Timotheus said:

Am envious man! Haha... But what sensor size are we talking about?

Ah sorry, it's a GH5 in 16:9 mode with a Speedbooster Ultra 0.71,

So it's about 1.4 crop i think

On 11/4/2018 at 8:21 PM, mirekti said:

I use Zhongyi II speedbooster with GH5S and 35mm Elmarit-R is the widest I can go. Had to use rings instead of Redsan adapter as it is really important to get the back of pre 36 to the front element of Leica. It is almost touching the glass. Also, I added this to the lens (managed to make better cut in the middle, but don’t have photo), which helped to remove white flare.

39B3FA33-DF5B-49B5-AF78-E2C83DE370BC.thumb.jpeg.ff0b4e9005cf3360f1797740dca750b2.jpeg

That's a good idea, I'll have a look at getting the isco closer to the lens.