Kowa Inflight 1.75x + Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f/0.95

Ian Edward Weir

Here is a video poem piece I did pairing the Kowa Inflight 1.75x with the  Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f/0.95. Shot at f1.4 on GH5 and delivered in 5k. Really love this combo.

Slight coloring tweaks with Film Convert. Hope you guys like image. I took off HCDNA to avoid vignetting. 

video > Make America Again

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi Ian! Great images for sure!!!

Can you explain a little bit of your workflow:

Is the GH5 on 4:3 anamorphic 6k mode?

How bad is the vignette with the rectilux?

I really interested because i have those  pieces of equipment, but with Kowa B&H  instead (so for me is 2x).

I will be doing a Christmass ad for my corporation next week and anamorphic is always a plus!

5 hours ago, Grimor said:

Hi Ian! Great images for sure!!!

Can you explain a little bit of your workflow:

Is the GH5 on 4:3 anamorphic 6k mode?

How bad is the vignette with the rectilux?

I really interested because i have those  pieces of equipment, but with Kowa B&H  instead (so for me is 2x).

I will be doing a Christmass ad for my corporation next week and anamorphic is always a plus!

Hi Grimor, I shot in 4:3 4k for a de-stretched image size of 5824 x 2496. I then finished in 5k with a 5120 × 2880 frame size for YouTube. I was pushing the limit with a 25mm taking lens which is why I did not have the HCDNA in front to avoid more vignetting. I even did a slight Mesh Warp in After Effects on vignettes that were there. In your case with a 2x, I think you might want to use 4:3 4k with 1.4x tele. You could use the HCDNA with that. I knew I would not be moving much and double focus was not an issue.