Blackmagic Pocket 4K media & power thread -- the best alternatives

Emanuel

40 minutes ago, xzobinx said:

It might due to the fact that my ssd is almost full. It must take extra time to read the existing footage for playback. 

Yeah, I guess so.

In another OT note though, AF was improved with the new firmware update. I much prefer the manual focus lenses where it is quicker to have full access to aperture and focus rings with that large monitor facility. That LCD + focus assist combination rules over any AF out there. Moreover, you can even handle accurate AF tap-to-focus as you wish.

Even without the focus assist I had no time to set up yesterday noon before to push the recording button for mere casual family shooting. As fast as I would do it with a smartphone. Well, I'd even say, much quicker interface experience : D

I had downloaded the new firmware version the night before. Do not forget to firstly press the focus button if your computer won't recognize your camera when you'll update the firmware.

Focus seems easy to catch from that lovely monitoring surface. Impressive tool indeed.

I wouldn't pick any other capture device for motion picture instead... as simple as that : -)

• 2 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Another question for you guys..

I just bought this Feelworld FW568 monitor:

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B07J5C98NW/

And it has an option for DC output with a dummy battery. I don't have it yet but from the contents list, it looks like it doesn't come with the cable or dummy battery.  Can anyone recommend one with the BMPPC4K?  There seem to be a few. 

Also, I'm guessing I need to remove the battery door too?

6 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Tom Antos

That's the one.

Just now, MeanRevert said:

I don't understand how that could happen

I guess it's the camera pulling too much power form the battery and through the monitor, which burns some stuff inside the monitor. Another route people are going is using a batter that also has DC out. There's a link around here somewhere for one of those. It'll essentially do the same thing, but the monitor should be safe(r).

I probably should have checked this before switching but I'm moving over to the T5 SSD instead of using an SD card. I'll be running off battery. 

I'm seeing some posts on the BM forum about problems mounting the T5. 

Is running on battery a bad idea with the SSD? Have you guys seen faster battery drain? 

4 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

That's the one.

I guess it's the camera pulling too much power form the battery and through the monitor, which burns some stuff inside the monitor. Another route people are going is using a batter that also has DC out. There's a link around here somewhere for one of those. It'll essentially do the same thing, but the monitor should be safe(r).

you're talking about my post. 

FYI, I haven't tested it out yet since no one sells it to Australia. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01M9BGFJM/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_1?smid=A1ZK71SG13GHLQ&psc=1 

Has anyone had any experience powering the P4k with something like this? 75WH and outputs 12v in theory powers the pocket camera for about 3 hours. not bad for £60 + a P4k cable

My plan is to put this into my inner jacket pocket and run a cable to the power in on the pocket so I don't require any extra rigging or weight. 

• 4 weeks later...

Here's another power solution as much mobile as possible.

In conclusion, better than 1300mAh and less expensive than the Patona Premium route, my odds settle down to the usual suspect of nowadays, that is, the renown RAVPower brand with their identical 2000mAh pack offer for 30 pounds to include 2x batteries and the USB dual charger.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2019 at 2:35 AM, Emanuel said:

Here's another power solution as much mobile as possible.

In conclusion, better than 1300mAh and less expensive than the Patona Premium route, my odds settle down to the usual suspect of nowadays, that is, the renown RAVPower brand with their identical 2000mAh pack offer for 30 pounds to include 2x batteries and the USB dual charger.

That is pretty sweet! I wish more cameras had better inputs and outputs like the pocket.

• 3 weeks later...