Blackmagic Pocket 4K media & power thread -- the best alternatives

Emanuel

7 hours ago, xzobinx said:

I feel strange that there is no mention of this:

http://www.tearlachwales.com/batbox4k

Using 4 x 18650 for 2.5 hours which is about 20 USD for 2.5 hours. Probably the minimalist solution have seen so far and it works wonder. 

Tea is a great guy to deal with and I would recommend his service.   

Bat5.jpg

Bat1 (1).jpg

Bat3.jpg

It was announced before in this same thread last November by the designer/supplier himself:

: -)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
Just now, xzobinx said:

thanks Emanuel. I did a search before hand but it didn't turn up. My bad. Btw still waiting for your good news on the gimbal 

You're welcome Harry : ) The person in charge was replaced by her own boss now. We are waiting for his input since this morning (we live in different time zones) when we spoke for last time over everything she had advanced before February when she left the company, delivery date included. Hope this helps! (E : -) 

Does the P4K batteries drain with the power off? That was one of my major issues with the Pocket and Micro. With the Micro you’d have 45 minutes from the time you inserted the battery until you needed to change it. With the Pocket it was even less. With my current camera, I can get an hour with the camera on. So 45 minutes isn’t bad if it holds charge with the camera off. Also, how long does it take to power on/off?

7 hours ago, mercer said:

Does the P4K batteries drain with the power off? That was one of my major issues with the Pocket and Micro. With the Micro you’d have 45 minutes from the time you inserted the battery until you needed to change it. With the Pocket it was even less. With my current camera, I can get an hour with the camera on. So 45 minutes isn’t bad if it holds charge with the camera off. Also, how long does it take to power on/off?

I can confirm that the battery doesn't drain with the power off or at least not in short amount of time. If you leave it overnight, the result might differ. And after 6.1, I could get pretty consistent 55 min - 1 hour of use for each battery. 

As for time to power on: 3-4 seconds. Time to power off: 2-3 seconds 

44 minutes ago, Anaconda_ said:

Has anyone got one of these? I've mailed and signed up for it numerous times, but never get any response back.

I do. I don’t promote stuff that I haven’t used. 

The issue is Tea is a one man band. And it’s the wedding season atm in Australia which is his main business. 

I can vouch for the guy and his after sale service. He replaced my faulty unit within a week so I’m a happy camper.

here is my run and gun setup

86A3DE04-8074-4340-8366-20B07CEF8EDA.jpeg

On 3/6/2019 at 5:42 AM, xzobinx said:

As for time to power on: 3-4 seconds. Time to power off: 2-3 seconds 

Really? Real world feeling is instantaneously... as much as ANY other similar device. Actually, it is.

I feel people outside tend to see it as a RED ONE. It isn't in every aspect whatsoever. Not even 5:1 compressed raw. You can reach 3:1 or constant quality mode(s) recording raw, let alone not complicated at all, so...

6 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

How long did it take you to get a response? I've send 3 or for requests over the last week or so, but hearing nothing back. 

he came back to me after 2 days but I have to say I have the advantage of being local to him 

8 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Really? Real world feeling is instantaneously... as much as ANY other similar device. Actually, it is.

I feel people outside see it as a RED ONE. It isn't in every aspect whatsoever. Not even 5:1 compressed raw. You can reach 3:1 or constant quality mode(s) recording raw, so...

My issue after 6.2 is that while it boots up pretty quickly, it takes about 10-20 sec to read my ssd. Still bloody fast if you compare with almost any other cinema camera

21 minutes ago, xzobinx said:

My issue after 6.2 is that while it boots up pretty quickly, it takes about 10-20 sec to read my ssd. Still bloody fast if you compare with almost any other cinema camera

Funny. I didn't find any delay. Yesterday, I went to my nephew baptism. I arrived very delayed with traffic coming from another town. I forgot to add the SSD, used to the SD card to record ProRes. In a few seconds, I picked up my SSD from a tiny photo bag and started to shoot BRAW Q5 practically instantaneously... I did find zero delay in-camera to be pretty honest : -)

BTW, in a word: BEAUTIFUL. This is more than a camera, more than a format, this is a dream to finally become true.

4 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Funny. I didn't find any delay. Yesterday, I went to my nephew baptism. I arrived very delayed with traffic coming from another town. I forgot to add the SSD, used to the SD card to record ProRes. In a few seconds, I picked up my SSD from a tiny photo bag and started to shoot BRAW Q5 practically instantaneously... I did find zero delay in-camera to be pretty honest : -)

BTW, in a word: BEAUTIFUL. This is more than a camera, more than a format, this a dream to finally become true.

It might due to the fact that my ssd is almost full. It must take extra time to read the existing footage for playback.