For sale: Iscorama 54

Erjot

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

You asked me to send the money on Wednesday. It wasn't until i posted on here it was sold (I asked you to post sold, which you said you would but didn't... i wonder why) that two people contacted me to say they had wire transferred you money over the past few days. Trying to take money from 3 people for an item (even if it exists) is fraud. It's not something that happens accidentally.

I will be the first person here to let everyone know if my "promised wire refund" actually comes through tomorrow as stated by "Ralf"

I have been trying to to keep my composure and patience throughout this frustrating process, but also have contacted my authorities in case something doesn't happen..

A faint glimmer of trust in humanity still exists in my mind.. I'd like to hope...  we'll see.

lesson learned....  

not one person dealing with this issue seems to have contributed positively at all to this forum.  Just come here to take take take.  either selling or buying, they bring NOTHING to the forum.  Personally I think there should be a stop to all this posting of ebay listings, personal sales, etc.  at least topics of this nature should be only postable and visible by regulars.  

Also, someone please close the ebay listings topic.  this has to be the most ridiculous idea ever.  Share your findings with the world, kill any chance of you or anyone else savvy to anamorphics getting a bargain because everyone and their grandma can come in and see a run down of anamorphics worth bidding on.  If it were a secret topic to regulars I'd understand, but literally, I'd say that topic alone is contributing 50% towards the current silly inflation of anything with a squeeze ratio! 

Agreed.

Ebay listing topic should be closed...it now makes it very unfair for people who want to buy - as ANYONE (including the seller) can now swoop through the list and start a bidding war that is now getting to ridiculous levels in some recent cases. The inflated interest and prices also make it more likely that fraudsters would try bogus private listings outside of the Ebay bubble. Private sale listings would be fine as long as people conduct sales and purchases with common sense and with the guidelines recommended by Andrew. A minimum feedback/posting level would be a good start to help ensure that fewer people would get stung or scammed.

Agreed.

Ebay listing topic should be closed...it now makes it very unfair for people who want to buy - as ANYONE (including the seller) can now swoop through the list and start a bidding war that is now getting to ridiculous levels in some recent cases. The inflated interest and prices also make it more likely that fraudsters would try bogus private listings outside of the Ebay bubble. Private sale listings would be fine as long as people conduct sales and purchases with common sense and with the guidelines recommended by Andrew. A minimum feedback/posting level would be a good start to help ensure that fewer people would get stung or scammed.

I agree - I'm only a newbie to these forums but it's really helped to inflate prices. I don't mind experienced members advertising their own sales so much (although I guess that'd be up to the reader to check how experienced the member is...), but it doesn't make sense to advertise someone else's sale - use the time to go out and shoot something instead!

I'm with you guys, close that post as things are getting stupid.

Also, perhaps ban forum selling - i know other forums have done this to avoid scams/misunderstandings (being diplomatic here).

I'm not buying anymore, but i feel for those that are getting into anamorphics - they are getting fleeced big time. 

But also, i do suppose that's what such forums do to prices:

I bought something for £50, posted a video on Vimeo & the next time it came up on ebay it went for £300+.

I know someone else here has posted something with the same lens & i fear for the next time one of these lenses appears!

Price is all relative, but it ain't worth more than £150-200.

But also, i do suppose that's what such forums do to prices:

I bought something for £50, posted a video on Vimeo & the next time it came up on ebay it went for £300+.

I know someone else here has posted something with the same lens & i fear for the next time one of these lenses appears!

Price is all relative, but it ain't worth more than £150-200.

Anamorphic prices are completely unpredictable. There's no baseline, it's really just which one has the best looking production in it's demo video (which include much more than just the lens of course). You pay extra for a researched lens with a slick video vs. something that no one has ever tried before, as there's more risk in knowing what you're getting.

Also, I put in a bid on this, was told I won, and was asked to pay with Western Union (which I would never do) and said I'd only pay with Paypal. Seller asked a few questions about currency conversion, getting money from Paypal to bank, etc, and I told him that it'd probably just be better to go with the guy from Italy that he mentioned to me as it sounded like an easier transaction.

BTW, I don't think you'd ever need to do a BIN ebay auction as Andrew suggested. From my experience, paying with a credit card through Paypal is double protection.

Anamorphic prices are completely unpredictable. There's no baseline, it's really just which one has the best looking production in it's demo video (which include much more than just the lens of course). You pay extra for a researched lens with a slick video vs. something that no one has ever tried before, as there's more risk in knowing what you're getting.

Yeah, i know all this & its just got a hell of a lot worse than when i started buying anamorphics a few years ago.

A good tip is to snap things up that end on Xmas Day!

Discovered that this is the only day when drink fuelled buying actually pays off - 2yrs ago i snapped up 3 for under £100!

• Administrators

Stan - my recommendation is not to accept any DHL package and ask Ralf to refund your wire transfer. It isn't worth the risk. If fraud has been committed by Ralf he will face full weight of the law.

To all - Do not use wire transfers. I can't stress this enough. It is as if you've never seen spam email from Nigeria! A seller who only wants Western Union is trouble, full stop.

eBay thread - I'm not going to make a knee jerk decision, let's see how it goes. I'm not 100% pleased with it, that's true. We don't want to hype prices and it isn't an advertising forum or shop. I'm leaning towards stopping it but eBay is a safer trading place than a forum. The thread isn't responsible for pushing prices up - that is more the result of supply and demand. The supply of glass seems to be at an all time low and demand at an all time high. That's not surprising because anamorphic lenses are like gold dust and always have been. Until a manufacturer starts to produce new ones again in large quantities, the prices are going to continue to go up. My advice is to chill out with the auctions. It is not worth having one at ALL COSTS rather than hunting over the long term. It took me 4 years to build my collection and that was part of the enjoyment of it. Buy It Now auctions can offer much better value for money than auctions so I suggest using those instead of bidding. The good ones are short lived so it helps to constantly be aware of what is being listed on eBay.

update:  Today I received my full payment BACK from Ralf.  A close call, but lesson learned.  Thank you to everyone who participated in this scenario to resolve it quickly. I couldn't have done it without the help of all the other eoshd members involved.  If anyone else needs help in resolving this issue please PM me and I will give you as much information as I can.  Thanks again guys!