For sale: Iscorama 54

Erjot

Hi my anamorphic friends... longtime reader here, first time poster though...

With a bleeding heart, I have decided to sell my pristine and immaculate Iscorama Anamorphot 1,5 x - 54. As longtime readers here I don´t need to tell you that this baby is really the mother of dragons... errr... of Iscoramas. I belive it´s single coated... I´ll put up some photos tomorrow so you can check it out. It comes with three different adapterrings, two lenscaps and a fitting leather case.

Why am I selling it? Just because I need the money for the very interesting cameras that are launching soon or have just been launched. And because I still have my nice little Iscorama Cinegon 1,8/10 that´s working wonderfully on my GH2.... so the Iscorama 54 has to go.

Asking price is 2000 Euros or better... let the bidding war begin. I´m not using ebay, because I frigging hate them and paypal, too. (But will have to re-consider if no suitable offer turns up here...) But for now I will offer this beauty to the eoshd commmunity.

As I said, I´ll put up some photos tomorrow, but I can also send them to you by mail. I honestly would prefer a buyer from Germany and preferably someone living close by... I´m a little hesitant to send this fine lens through the mail... but will do it, of course, if necessary.

OK... offers please to this email adress:

daylightstudio@gmx.de

Cheers

Ralf (Erjot)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I believe @bootsie is using a +0.4 with his 54, and some stepping rings, but it vignettes, on wider lenses. Safest bet would be bigger filters.

Also, now that you mentioned, I think mine is, indeed, a bit softer than the 36... But it was never serviced, and this might be the cause too.

I think the whole sharpness thing really depends on the condition of your copy & opinion.

I was certainly amazed when i got mine, as i'd heard the softness BS circulating too.

The only thing i've found sharper than a 36/54 or Kowa B&H is the tiny Iscomorphot S8/x2 (fixed focus).

I think most people use the 36 with a +0.4 diopter & that makes it sharper - the same is true of the 54.

I use a 60D, so the widest i can go is 30-35mm, but can't use a 72mm diopter (82mm & above).

However, with ML Raw you can choose your crop & at present i'm using a 24mm taking lens with 72mm diopters!

The real plus for the 54 is that it has tons more character than a 36 (i much prefer it to the 36 i had).

Downside is the weight (1kg)/size - it can dwarf your taking lens & you'll need a rig (but i've handheld with it too).

I've also found it can be a bit more picky with the taking lens (so far Taks & Nikons are the sharpest, but Russain lenses are really nice too).

Interesting... when the 54 is stepped down to handle 72mm filters, does it vignette earlier than a 36?

I believe @bootsie is using a +0.4 with his 54, and some stepping rings, but it vignettes, on wider lenses. Safest bet would be bigger filters.

Also, now that you mentioned, I think mine is, indeed, a bit softer than the 36... But it was never serviced, and this might be the cause too.

The real plus for the 54 is that it has tons more character than a 36 (i much prefer it to the 36 i had).

Downside is the weight (1kg)/size - it can dwarf your taking lens & you'll need a rig (but i've handheld with it too).

I've also found it can be a bit more picky with the taking lens (so far Taks & Nikons are the sharpest, but Russain lenses are really nice too).

I haven't used it in a rig yet. Alway do handheld work, and it's great. of course, your arms will get tired rather fast. hahaha

mine matches very nicely with russians. :)

• Administrators

Since Erjot is a new user, do not deal with him unless he can provide full contact details, address, ID and also try and conclude any deals on eBay. Get him to list the item as a Buy It Now and do the transaction on there, with PayPal and their protection.

The forum is not designed to conclude transactions with newbies with no feedback and no posting record so buyer beware.

Thanks for the heads up Andrew, but it seems to be a little too late for me on this one.  It's looking pretty clear that I got hosed by this guy!!  Was enthusiastic to deal with a fellow filmmaker instead of ebay, but now, once again, it has just given the community a bad wrap..  very unfortunate..  

Now time to collect what was stolen from me.    :angry:

Yep quite an elaborate effort, what a time waster.  I was due to pay in a day or so but had agreed only to use a secure method with buyer protection, so I'm not sure why he would bother...

Two for two scams on attempted iscorama purchases for me. Luckily dodged both.

Ryan, I really hope you can get your wire transfer back,  Western Union is scammers delight unfortunately.

*update* another user messaged me to say they paid this goon for the lens.