Top 6 videos on EOS R with combined 2 million views and not a single mention of the rolling shutter in 4K

Andrew Reid

2 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

No but it can shoot full frame HD as well as full frame stills. None of the cheap 4k/60p cameras can. It was just my suggestion on "why".

When you watch the FHD footage of this camera you start see this option should not even exist considering the awful output. 

1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

. I just think they are using an old sensor technology to increase the yield at the factory and the profit margin on the shop floor.

Absolutely 

to to come back on topic, I think the eoshd community and similar video minded people are aware of what RS is, and we don’t buy a camera because of Peter M review. The thing is we might represent 10% of people who buy those cameras, even for video use. 90% of buyers are not educated. You might think at 2-3K price point only pros and passionate educated photographer and videographers buy but no, most of them are the Average Joe with more money than other Joe and he wants good camera. 

You would be very surprised how many 5D canon sold to people who shoot JPG full auto only.

My whole point is Andrew is right, and I think those influencers have a big influence on a lot of people buying those cameras. So it’s a shame when their reviews are far from reality whether it’s because they are paid or because they are poorly educated themselves. Sometimes I watch absurdities on video technical aspects on YouTube with people having millions of followers. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

He is an entertainer of sorts I guess. Considered the Donald Trump of YouTube. Strong opinions and willing to shape facts if needed.

Ive been watching ever since he attacked me for saying the NX1 is a decent camera. 

He doesn't make reviews per say, since they are often done within hours of receiving the camera. But he is pretty funny. He is a hardcore Fuji fan and saves me the trouble of reading rumor sites, he makes videos about them instead. And ads a bit of drama to it :)

Someone should send him that misspelled Fuji menu from the other thread. He loves to make videos about that kind of stuf :)

• Administrators

150k subs wow.

Seems like a good watch. He's absolutely right about the stuff I touched on in the article. "It's all just connections" really rings a bell. All these people doing their shill Youtube videos - you should see their contacts lists or inboxes, they will have literally every camera related company's PR department on speed-dial and they expect 700,000 subscribers to believe they are as impartial as the fucking BBC. By the way I have a behind the scenes clip of Cinema5D at work at Photokina if anyone wants it :) That one's a real eye opener!

• Administrators

But they are legally required to give air time to extreme nut cases on both sides of the argument.

You have the far left propaganda and the far right UKIP propaganda on screen all at once! Isn't that impartial!?

• Super Members
52 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

"Nothing but a bunch of shill-monkeys"

???

My favourite recent quote from him was when they were launching the EOS-R and he said "Every three years Canon releases a camera thats three years out of date".

Always worth tuning in to his channel immediately after one of the well known channels posts a "Its full frame so its twice as good" type of video as he goes off his head!

1 minute ago, Andrew Reid said:

But they are legally required to give air time to extreme nut cases on both sides of the argument.

You have the far left propaganda and the far right UKIP propaganda on screen all at once! Isn't that impartial!?

That doesn't negate the fact that they can skew how the audience perceives a given individual or point of view, based on how a presenter frames questions or how a given editorial piece is edited.  

For example several press outlets "selectively" edited footage when Christopher Morris got into it with a secret service agent!

That rolling shutter looks like from the old Nikon D90!!!

I don't want to attack to any youtuber in the list, but it's really weird nobody mentions that Awful rolling shutter. I mean, they have a big responsibility been the voice of influence to costumers when come the time to make a buying choice. For me it feel irresponsible to not cover this type of details.

There are even videos with the title "what nobody talk about the..." and they say nothing about rolling shutter!!! what the hell is wrong with this people!?!?

• Administrators

"Attack" is used so often on the internet it's become an attack just to have a different opinion to somebody.

Indeed it's not an attack on any YouTuber on that list just to point out they failed and have a responsibility. In my understanding of the language, an attack is when you beat someone up in a bar, for example. I have not yet beat Kai Wong up in a bar.

I know I do not know you Andrew but I heart you, I shoot with a 1dc, 1dxmkii and a c200, I’ll will be using those systems for probably an eternity. Also if you like documentaries I produced one with Werner herzog a couple years ago called “A   Gray State” it’s on net flix and it was shot on a magic lantened 5 dmkiii and Sony f5. Thanks for all you do

Ken, the "Angry Photographer" is great! Bought a few vintage lenses he recommended.  ;) 
In my eyes, Ken mentioning EOSHD is the best praise there is. Not sure he knows this is a more video oriented site because is not into video much...

For those who don't know the channel here is a couple of my favorite videos:
After some other channel made a (bad) tutorial on how to clean your camera:

And on the new Nikon Z cameras

16 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

Yeah but let's not forget the a6300 which is way worse. Im not saying that makes it right, it doesn't. But we shouldn't let the others of the hook just because we found a fresher fish.

EDIT: forgot about the NX1 (easily done these days :) ), equally bad or even worse.

A6300 is also doing 6K full sensor readout hence its rolling shutter issues though