Premiere Pro 2019

Mokara

Just downloaded the new version of Premiere and appear to have found a bug (at least on my system). When I have the preview screen set at 100% and scroll down the image, the program crashes when the scroll bar hits the bottom.

It seem buggy as hell. Do they beta test these releases at all?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, Vision said:

I got even worse issues when i preview my luts (vision color) or Impulz Premiere or after effcts freeze up and crash for no reason 

So far it has been quite reliable for me and there's definitely a performance boost. 2019 updated the GPU acceleration engine, have you updated your GPU driver?

Unless I really need to (new file/codec support), I always wait 3 to 6 months before updating and I also keep the previous version installed on my computer to be able to revert back to a stable mode if needed. The early versions are always in beta state and full of bugs. #adobe

9 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Terrible terrible experiences with Premiere for so many years (since the late 90s with SCSI hard drives!).

I would happily move to Resolve, and I hope I will, soon.

You should give it another try if you haven't recently. Their latest release is very fast. 

@Mokara, do you notice any speed improvements when editing H264 content?  I saw a mention of performance improvements on their blog last month about the next CC update.  I'd sure love to be able to edit X-AVCS h264 natively and not have to make proxies for editing speed..

Performance and format support

Hardware-based encoding and decoding for H264 and HEVC provide better performance and faster rendering. Improved image processing provides more responsive playback, rendering, and Lumetri Color performance.

https://theblog.adobe.com/creative-editorial-with-faster-workflows/?trackingid=71KW6ZN6&mv=email

50 minutes ago, tellure said:

@Mokara, do you notice any speed improvements when editing H264 content?  I saw a mention of performance improvements on their blog last month about the next CC update.  I'd sure love to be able to edit X-AVCS h264 natively and not have to make proxies for editing speed..

Performance and format support

Hardware-based encoding and decoding for H264 and HEVC provide better performance and faster rendering. Improved image processing provides more responsive playback, rendering, and Lumetri Color performance.

https://theblog.adobe.com/creative-editorial-with-faster-workflows/?trackingid=71KW6ZN6&mv=email

Actually, this morning I took the same Mavic 2 pro DLOG h.265 clip into both PP 2018 and then PP 2019 applied the same effects (lens correction, LUT and adjustments) and rendered them both out in h.264. Took exactly the same time give or take a second or two.

The new curves are very nice and intuitive in PP 2019 though.

Updated to 2019 cc just yesterday, and it's all good. Just don't use 2018 templated start all over again when importing.Also here is an unofficial guide that will help. Blaming the program because you lack knowledge of how the system works its without giving reason. Also you are cheering for resolve. Whats so good about it that it's worth changing?(i tried it) https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2261475