Canon EOS R first impressions - INSANE split personality camera

Andrew Reid

Yeah I guess Kipon have got that CaNikon smart adapter for Z mount but no NiCanon for RF yet huh?

As for speedbooster mount well yeah EF to RF definitely.. a lot of manual EF cine glass to choose from too. Nikon for me would also be nice (mostly got AIS & AF-D glass).

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2019 at 9:53 PM, ntblowz said:

Sharper than Sony's 1080P

This is not true. I collaborated with someone and we had an A73 and EOS R - the colors were easy enough to match but the Sony footage was WAY more detailed and even after adding sharpening to the Canon footage it was noticeably softer. We shot 1080p60 mostly, with in camera sharpening turned down all the way.

2 hours ago, EthanAlexander said:

This is not true. I collaborated with someone and we had an A73 and EOS R - the colors were easy enough to match but the Sony footage was WAY more detailed and even after adding sharpening to the Canon footage it was noticeably softer. We shot 1080p60 mostly, with in camera sharpening turned down all the way.

I had a73 and R myself too, i dunno about you but i can mix R's 1080p with c200/c100ii and no body tells the difference, a73 is a bit harder because of colour difference hence i sold it later.

A6x00's 1080p is really soft which the difference is much more obvious.

• 3 weeks later...