X-T3 or Pocket 4K?

Emanuel

4 hours ago, thephoenix said:

xt3 has no internal stabilization so it's gonna be shaky with lenses that are not stabilized.

Yes, unlike the P4k the X-T3 has no IBIS. It has to make do with lens stabilization only. Oh wait, the P4k doesn't have IBIS either... and the OIS does not work well on the P4k? I guess that makes it doubly useless of video?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 11/1/2018 at 2:20 AM, thebrothersthre3 said:

I sold my GH5 to get a fuji. I think the Fuji would be a great match with your GH5s. Autofocus is top notch.

Btw what lenses are Fuji guys using? An all around zoom and primes for portrait. Also can you adapt the Sigma 18-35 with it or is it better not to? Thanks

14 minutes ago, TurboRat said:

Btw what lenses are Fuji guys using? An all around zoom and primes for portrait. Also can you adapt the Sigma 18-35 with it or is it better not to? Thanks

All around zoom:

18-55: stablised, good IQ for the price, small and light.

16-55: ultimate IQ, lightning fast and accurate AF

56 f/1.2: go-to porait lens, slower AF

Sigma 18-35 can be adapted, but AF is unreliable. Good for video shooting/manual focusing.

1 hour ago, androidlad said:

All around zoom:

18-55: stablised, good IQ for the price, small and light.

16-55: ultimate IQ, lightning fast and accurate AF

56 f/1.2: go-to porait lens, slower AF

Sigma 18-35 can be adapted, but AF is unreliable. Good for video shooting/manual focusing.

Thanks! This is very helpful for someone who's first time looking at the Fujifilm ecosystem

On 11/1/2018 at 10:51 PM, Xavier Plágaro Mussard said:

Have you used the 18-55?? It's a 300€ lens when purchased as a kit with the body! 

I agree and would love to see prime with IS from Fujifilm. 

I agree, is a cheap and good kit lens, but If I am buying a new hybrid system I want some specific lenses for pro work, and a stabilized 16-50mm isn't available yet.

Also, some more modern designs (faster AF, IS) on older lenses.

The new 16-80 4f could be it, but an 2.8f would be much more desirable.

In any way, I am waiting the reviews of that lens, and if it is very good for the price, then it could be a killer combo with the cheap X-T3. Do not care for IBIS, but IS on lenses is mandatory.

Hey, it is a Greek flag at your back!

2 hours ago, Kisaha said:

and a stabilized 16-50mm isn't available yet.

Fujinon XC 16-50mm OIS
Fujinon XC 16-50mm OIS II
Fujinon XC 15-45mm OIS PZ

Then the two lenses talked about, 18-55mm OIS and the only non IS standard zoom, the 16-55mm 
There is also the 18-135mm, which OIS is excellent. And you mentioned the upcoming 16-80mm OIS. 

Out of those 7 lenses, that cover the standard zoom range, 6 are OIS, one is not. 

Personally I'd go with the 18-55mm because it's incredible good value. And it pairs nicely with the 10-24mm OIS

3 hours ago, frontfocus said:

Fujinon XC 16-50mm OIS
Fujinon XC 16-50mm OIS II
Fujinon XC 15-45mm OIS PZ

Then the two lenses talked about, 18-55mm OIS and the only non IS standard zoom, the 16-55mm 
There is also the 18-135mm, which OIS is excellent. And you mentioned the upcoming 16-80mm OIS. 

Out of those 7 lenses, that cover the standard zoom range, 6 are OIS, one is not. 

Personally I'd go with the 18-55mm because it's incredible good value. And it pairs nicely with the 10-24mm OIS

Are you pretending to not understand what I am talking about, or are we talking for casual family and friends photo/video taking?

We are talking about a pro grade workhorse lens, that means the best characteristics of the mount and the best light gathering for a zoom, like we are doing for years with the L series lenses in Canon, par example and such series.

All of those have flaws. The one to get is the 16-55, but has no IS, the others are lesser XC lenses, and 18mm doesn't cut it to me because of the 28-30mm equiv. (not so wide) and the non constant aperture, but I agree (for the third time) is a great kit lens for the price, but we are not talking kit lenses here.

I am mentioning the 16-80mm, because it will be the newest design (I am expecting better/faster AF), best IS, and the extra mm at the tele end maybe can make one forget that it is an 4f APS-C lens, and not a constant 2.8f.

10-24mm is interesting - I lov'em ultra wide - but is not tele enough to be on a camera for most jobs (ceremonies, weddings, performances e.t.c) while 77mm at the tele end (instead of 36-37mm), can offer you the chance for portraits, more detailed shots, and can be cropped reasonably e.t.c e.t.c

What is the point of having 7 zoom lenses, covering similar focal lengths and not 1 great workhorse zoom?

The NX 16-50mm 2-2.8f is glued on one of my NX1 cameras, if I need another lens, I am changing cameras (I have a second NX1) altogether.

Last week I shot a performance and used the aforementioned S lens, the 12-24mm, the 50-200mm and the fish eye (which Fuji doesn't offer as an option, so 2 lenses I need and use constantly are not been offered by the system).

ser from Saturday's wedding.

The predominant camera is the X-T3 on the gimbal.

There's also quite a few shots in there from the Pocket 4K, a couple of from our trusty C200 (taking a back seat to the other cameras) and one from the 5D mkIV.

Impressions of the two cameras after two weddings:

1. The X-T3 is the perfect camera for the Zhiyun Crane 2. It is perfectly balanced even before turning the gimbal on. This wedding I used it entirely with my new 18-55mm at the wide end as I wanted the IS. The 

2. The Blackmagic Pocket 4K is something else. Utterly magnificent. With the Voigtlander 25mm constantly on this camera it produces an image that is unmatched by any of the other cameras I own. You just need to be in a position that allows you time to compose and focus. Thankfully the Voigtlander is great for quick manual focusing. The menu system is intuitive and easy and the touch screen makes changing settings a dream. The one chief drawback is that the battery life is awful. You shouldn't expect more than 40 minutes on constantly shooting. So I have about 15 LP-E6 batteries handy just in case.

They both compliment the other very well and I will be keeping both for my uses.

33 minutes ago, spinkscapes said:

ser from Saturday's wedding.

The predominant camera is the X-T3 on the gimbal.

There's also quite a few shots in there from the Pocket 4K, a couple of from our trusty C200 (taking a back seat to the other cameras) and one from the 5D mkIV.

Impressions of the two cameras after two weddings:

1. The X-T3 is the perfect camera for the Zhiyun Crane 2. It is perfectly balanced even before turning the gimbal on. This wedding I used it entirely with my new 18-55mm at the wide end as I wanted the IS. The 

2. The Blackmagic Pocket 4K is something else. Utterly magnificent. With the Voigtlander 25mm constantly on this camera it produces an image that is unmatched by any of the other cameras I own. You just need to be in a position that allows you time to compose and focus. Thankfully the Voigtlander is great for quick manual focusing. The menu system is intuitive and easy and the touch screen makes changing settings a dream. The one chief drawback is that the battery life is awful. You shouldn't expect more than 40 minutes on constantly shooting. So I have about 15 LP-E6 batteries handy just in case.

They both compliment the other very well and I will be keeping both for my uses.

Looks great! For the popping scene at around 0:32, which camera and lens did you use?

Just so readers can decide themselves how the cameras match together I'll give you a breakdown of the setups:

Shot 1 - invitation - Blackmagic Pocket 4K with Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95 (ordinarily shot at f/1.4-2.0);
Shot 2 - dress zipping - BMPCC 4K & V 25mm f/0.95;
Shot 3 - engagement ring macro - Canon C200 with Canon 100mm f/2.8L with a Rotolight;
Shot 4 - bride putting on ring -  - BMPCC 4K & V 25mm f/0.95 shot wide open;
Shot 5 - bride reflection - BMPCC 4K & V 25mm f/0.95;
Shot 6 - groom tie (close up) - Canon C200 with Canon 85mm f1.4L IS;
Shot 7 - bride and groom against vines - BMPCC 4K & V 25mm f/0.95;
Shot 8 - bride getting out of car - XT-3 & 18-55mm;
Shot 9 - dance shot - Fuji XT-3 with Fuji 18-55mm f/2.8-4.0 OIS (shot close to 18mm and wide open at f/2.8);
Shot 10 - silhouette - Canon C200 with Canon 35mm f/2.0 IS;
Shot 11 - bridesmaids - Blackmagic Pocket 4K with Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95;
Shot 12 - dance shot - All dance shots are as per shot 9;
Shot 13 - groom kissing bride in field - BMPCC 4K & V 25mm f/0.95;
Shot 14 - walking - XT-3 & 18-55mm;
Shot 15 - dance shot - see shot 9;
Shot 16 - groomsman doing Toyota - XT-3 & 18-55mm;
Shot 17 - silhouette - BMPCC 4K & V 25mm f/0.95 shot wide open;
Shot 18 - bride and groom close up - XT-3 & 18-55mm;
Shot 19 - aerial - DJI Phantom 4;
Shot 20 - bride and groom in field from low angle - BMPCC 4K & V 25mm f/0.95;
Shot 21 - bride and groom and veil - XT-3 & 18-55mm;
Shot 22 - bridal party confetti bang - C200 & 85mm f/1.4L IS wide open;
Shot 23 - bride and groom walking towards camera - XT-3 & 18-55mm;
Shot 24 - bride and groom leaving ceremony with confetti - XT-3 & 18-55mm;
Shot 25 - bride staring over groom's shoulder at camera - BMPCC 4K & V 25mm f/0.95;
Shot 26 - bride and groom walking through long grass - XT-3 & 18-55mm;
Shot 27 - bride and groom resting against vineyard post - XT-3 & 18-55mm;
Shot 28 - ditto
Shot 29 - ceremony kiss - Canon 5D mkIV with Canon 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II;
Shot 30 - veil shot - XT-3 & 18-55mm;
Shot 31 - dance shot - see shot 9;
Shot 32 - bride and groom walking between vines - C200 & 85mm f/1.4L IS wide open;
Shot 33 - bride and groom dancing on hill - BMPCC 4K & V 25mm f/0.95;
Shot 34 - dance shot - see shot 9;
Shot 35 - bride holding veil - BMPCC 4K & V 25mm f/0.95;
Shot 36 - bride doing gladiator - XT-3 & 18-55mm;
Shot 37 - bride glancing down at window - BMPCC 4K & V 25mm f/0.95;
Shot 38 - hand holding - C200 & 85mm f/1.4L IS wide open;
Shot 39 - groom swinging bride - XT-3 & 18-55mm;
Shot 40 - sparkler exit - XT-3 & 18-55mm shot at 2000 ISO;
Shot 41 - dip - XT-3 & 18-55mm; and
Shot 42 - final - XT-3 & 18-55mm.

Basically all of them had on Southall which is a Delut by James Miller (https://sellfy.com/p/KUuV/).

Lovely example of the out of camera colour. Personally I much prefer the natural look to the LUTs which have been thrown onto the footage. I'm sick of seeing M31 and Deluts personally. It makes all cameras look the same, which is perhaps the point.

The ease with which you can obtain a pleasing, cinematic yet naturalistic look is what separates the men from the boys, in my personal opinion. It's why we all love Canon colours, Alexa, Blackmagic, and now Fuji.

40 minutes ago, austinchimp said:

Lovely example of the out of camera colour. Personally I much prefer the natural look to the LUTs which have been thrown onto the footage. I'm sick of seeing M31 and Deluts personally. It makes all cameras look the same, which is perhaps the point.

The ease with which you can obtain a pleasing, cinematic yet naturalistic look is what separates the men from the boys, in my personal opinion. It's why we all love Canon colours, Alexa, Blackmagic, and now Fuji.

Breathtaking shots! What's the DR setting? Have you touched the shadow/highlight tone, sharpness and NR setting?

5 hours ago, austinchimp said:

Nice colors, but I feel I’ve watched this kinda video a thousand times.

Slomo, trees, foot steps, tilt to the sky. Always those same shots over and over.

16 hours ago, spinkscapes said:

Just so readers can decide themselves how the cameras match together I'll give you a breakdown of the setups:

Shot 1 - invitation - Blackmagic Pocket 4K with Voigtlander 25mm f/0.95 (ordinarily shot at f/1.4-2.0);
Shot 2 - dress zipping - BMPCC 4K & V 25mm f/0.95;
<snip></snip>
Shot 41 - dip - XT-3 & 18-55mm; and
Shot 42 - final - XT-3 & 18-55mm.

That is one of the most detailed break down lists I've seen on this forum!