X-T3 or Pocket 4K?

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
40 minutes ago, Xavier Plágaro Mussard said:

The 18-55 is one really serious piece of glass, plus it has OS. I can't see why someone would go over it for the 16-55. If you need 16mm, but the prime!

Just my opinion about focal lengths, in APS-C sensors I consider the 16mm as a must (18mm translates to 28-30mm). Wide enough for wide shots, and tele enough for short portraits (77-80mm is close enough to classic 85mm prime lenses).

The 18-55 is 2.8-4f and the 16-55 has no IS. This is a huge disadvantage of the whole system, no real workhorse.

I consider my NX 16-50 S 2-2.8f with the very good IS as a much better and versatile solution.

The upcoming 16-80mm 4f is maybe the solution but we have to wait and see. If it was 2.8f it would be a must buy.

7 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Just my opinion about focal lengths, in APS-C sensors I consider the 16mm as a must (18mm translates to 28-30mm). Wide enough for wide shots, and tele enough for short portraits (77-80mm is close enough to classic 85mm prime lenses).

The 18-55 is 2.8-4f and the 16-55 has no IS. This is a huge disadvantage of the whole system, no real workhorse.

I consider my NX 16-50 S 2-2.8f with the very good IS as a much better and versatile solution.

The upcoming 16-80mm 4f is maybe the solution but we have to wait and see. If it was 2.8f it would be a must buy.

Is it a bad thing with it only being 2.8-4?

My other option is getting 2 primes, the 23 and the 35 or the 35 and the 50

7 hours ago, Kisaha said:

There is always something with fuji lenses ?
f2 prime are great, WR, and have quite amooth AF transition (not perfect unfortunately), but no IS.
With the XT3, it's not good. for video.

And I don't want a X-H1 since it's the same size as my A7iii, and doesn't have the same feeling in hand than the XT3.

4 minutes ago, Alex Uzan said:

f2 prime are great, WR, and have quite amooth AF transition (not perfect unfortunately), but no IS.
With the XT3, it's not good. for video.

And I don't want a X-H1 since it's the same size as my A7iii, and doesn't have the same feeling in hand than the XT3.

IS isnt huge for me, I use a Ronin or a monopod for all my shots

19 minutes ago, Alex Uzan said:

I honestly don't get the small camera thing. I think the xh1 is small, I have an XT3 too which I love but the palm of my hand gets a bit crampy after a while holding it with a weird crab claw zoidberg grip it makes me use. Xh1 use all day no problem with my human hands

25 minutes ago, DanielVranic said:

IS isnt huge for me, I use a Ronin or a monopod for all my shots

For professional us, of course.
But it's not about work everytime ?

6 minutes ago, Robin said:

I honestly don't get the small camera thing. I think the xh1 is small, I have an XT3 too which I love but the palm of my hand gets a bit crampy after a while holding it with a weird crab claw zoidberg grip it makes me use. Xh1 use all day no problem with my human hands

It's not jut about the small camera thing, but ergonomics as well.
I bought the XT3 because I prefered it's ergonomics compared to the A7III.
But not for the X-H1.
Maybe it's a size thing after all ?

Capture.jpg

7 minutes ago, Alex Uzan said:

But not for the X-H1.

Capture.jpg

Sony has a problem with the grip being close to the mount, if you have a big lens it leaves no finger room. That and skin tones that age you to 2 weeks after death

40 minutes ago, Alex Uzan said:

But not for the X-H1.

Capture.jpg

Where did you get that picture??

1 hour ago, Alex Uzan said:

With the XT3, it's not good. for video

You say "its not good for video" can you elaborate on that?

14 minutes ago, Alex Uzan said:

That's big stuff.
Try light bodies handheld with no IS ?

±By itself sure, but I would plan on caging it up with some larger stuff. How is the Rolling ±SHutter on the camera? I use the Ronin S with my a6500 and when it set it to sports mode, everything becomes jelly. I assume with a new CPU and fun stuff this is an issue of the past?

4 hours ago, Alex Uzan said:

Capture.jpg

3 hours ago, DanielVranic said:

Where did you get that picture??

Alex has probably forgotten to respond you on your useful question to many others over here or then, it was not nice from his end to get ignoring your fair info request as dark side of the moon : -)

That comes from here -- you are able to click on the cameras with lenses! red link to provide it from that helpful tool for camera buyers:

https://camerasize.com/

Here's an interesting example to prove lens size counts! ; -)

9itgtx.png

http://j.mp/2SDnOdK