Tested Cinestyle on the 1DX ii again, skin fell apart with my LUT

Snowbro

I initially tested the Cinestyle picture profile when I got my 1dx and I had mixed results. I found a flat faithful profile better for what I wanted to do, but in this test I liked cinestyle more. 

I noticed something odd from an old LUT I created in lightroom; the skin looks like it is falling apart (more so on cinestyle). I am assuming this is probably from a slight luminance boost to orange/yellow? I assume it wouldn't have this issue if the camera had 10-bit?

No noise reduction applied and it was about an hour after sunset, so quite dark. I honestly didn't think the Cinestyle was too bad, I do wish I had true log though. I have tried Marvels and found it too yellow for my taste. I will eventually try the James Miller LOG simulation (Andrew helped on this profile?).

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 minutes ago, androidlad said:

Have you tried neutral 0 -4 -2 0, with highlight tone priority ON?

I haven't tried the highlight tone priority, I remember reading something about it and I thought the consensus was to leave it off? I thought there was a compromise of some sort when using it. I can't remember haha.  

2 minutes ago, Snowbro said:

I haven't tried the highlight tone priority, I remember reading something about it and I thought the consensus was to leave it off? I thought there was a compromise of some sort when using it. I can't remember haha.  

There's no compromise. It's the same as Fuji's DR200, basically one stop shadow push  for better highlight latitude.