Anyone using a mailing (or emailing) list?

Liam

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
9 hours ago, Liam said:

I actually saw a really good clip of his first first feature (My Best Friend's Birthday?), which he called practice and threw away.. not sure the budget on that one. But we've definitely got an apple and an orange in the mix

oh yeah, sorry if i was unclear, im just saying:

the thing you make by yourself with no money is inherently better than the thing someone makes with lots of money and a super talented cast and crew! its more impressive, and will take you farther. it doesnt have to be perfect, either!!

on the other thand, if you GET the opportunity to direct Res Dogs, and BLOW IT, youre FUCKED. so... six of one, half dozen the other i guess lol

1 hour ago, kaylee said:

oh yeah, sorry if i was unclear, im just saying:

the thing you make by yourself with no money is inherently better than the thing someone makes with lots of money and a super talented cast and crew! its more impressive, and will take you farther. it doesnt have to be perfect, either!!

on the other thand, if you GET the opportunity to direct Res Dogs, and BLOW IT, youre FUCKED. so... six of one, half dozen the other i guess lol

Yeah it would be a bad business to be in. One big screw up and you are working at a Car Wash. Instead of Rags to riches you are going from riches to Rags LoL.

25 minutes ago, kaylee said:

yes, ive found that doing business with sociopaths requires a unique approach ?

I think most people at some point in your life fall into that definition at times LoL. When it lingers is when it is bad. Hmm I have been feeling a little weird myself. Must be EOSHDitis. Yikes, only cure is to buy a god damn Fuji. Jesus, what a curse. It's all Liam's fault.

1 hour ago, webrunner5 said:

I think most people at some point in your life fall into that definition at times LoL. When it lingers is when it is bad. Hmm I have been feeling a little weird myself. Must be EOSHDitis. Yikes, only cure is to buy a god damn Fuji. Jesus, what a curse. It's all Liam's fault.

Lol, if you heard me say buy a new camera... that's on you

6 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

4 hours ago, Liam said:

Lol, if you heard me say buy a new camera... that's on you

liam must be the camera whisperer .... i heard bmd 4k ?

perhaps i'm a different age bracket, now it's more facebook youtube and other instant media it seems .i subscribed to  dpreview  and others years ago because i was interested at the time and i still read it every now and then and i notice their up to issue 728  other email subscriptions have been cut as my interests wax and wane . even had a little bulletin board service before it got crushed by the internet.  i suspect it's bloody hard work to keep peoples attention after a period of time . i think in this day and age you'd have to be fairly dedicated and determined perhaps even driven . i occasionally  watch Casey Neisat and think that's exhausting afterwards but i do admire the guy and whats truly amazing is the stuff people send him. but good luck too him. also thanks to andrew for this site and the work he puts into it, not that i agree with everything he says. but if we were all the same it would be a pretty boring place.  bottom line be true to yourself and be true to the followers, subscribers what ever your niche is you may or may not hit the big leagues with it, but that's life.