whoisjsd

First test with the New Aivascope V2

First test with the new Aivascope!

I was lent the new Aivascope for a bit to test it out. It was purported be be much sharper and better at fast apertures than the old one. And as you can see in the video above, that is VERY true. It gave me a chance to try one of my new favorite lenses, the Voightlander 40mm f/1.4 Leica M mount lens. The whole video was shot at f/1.4 and around ISO 800 pretty much. There might be a few shots at ISO 400 or f/2.0. The area of Tokyo we were in was very bright and had lots of lights. The Aivascope handled everything, especially the closeups, very well. The only issues I had were some flare ghosting by the B&H Focuser I thew together and a few shots where I forgot to turn off digital stabilization. It’s not bad overall and I’m still happy with the video. It really shows what the new Aivascope can do. It doesn’t flare like the old one, but you still get some nice ones in the right light. The only thing I’m not sure sure about is the “D” bokeh, but it could grow on me.

Please follow me on instagram for up-to-date posts on what I'm working on! https://www.instagram.com/whoisjsd/

Tech specs:
Panasonic GH5
4K UHD 60fps 4K, CINE-D
Converted to 24fps
Voightlander 40mm f/1.4 Leica M mount
Aivascope V2 1.75x Anamorphic
Custom Bell & Howell Variable Diopter
Marumi 72mm +3 Diopter

Filmed in Tabata, Tokyo.
Music by me, made in the iOS Launchpad app.

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi,

Been trying to find more info re this lens such as source, availability, cost, etc. which is proving difficult. I did find an email on facebook and have tried that (waiting for response). In the meantime,  I was wondering if you could help with this. Would greatly appreciate any info on lens, contact info, etc.

Also was wondering if you have continued to work with the lens and, if so, are you still satisfied?

Thanks,

Regards,

Al

@YAUN

I had the lens as a demo, so I returned it after I was finished. I'll be doing demo on all Aivascope lenses from here on out. Have the new PRO 1.5x right now.

You can find Aivascope only on Facebook. I'm not sure if he's still selling the 1.75x lens right now, the new version was expensive to make. He may be done with them.

If you can find one used they're really good for the form factor. Add a ProtoDNA and you have a pocket sized winner.

On 6/29/2019 at 6:30 PM, YAUN said:

Hi,

Been trying to find more info re this lens such as source, availability, cost, etc. which is proving difficult. I did find an email on facebook and have tried that (waiting for response). In the meantime,  I was wondering if you could help with this. Would greatly appreciate any info on lens, contact info, etc.

Also was wondering if you have continued to work with the lens and, if so, are you still satisfied?

Thanks,

Regards,

Al

sorry to JSD to hijack, but @YAUN I have a brand new never used Aivascope V2 1.75x that I am about to sell...I have three 1.75x's been using one for a long project and wanted backups in case of emergency but only need two :) I'll send you a pm

On 7/11/2019 at 6:51 PM, kazkioken said:

sorry to JSD to hijack, but @YAUN I have a brand new never used Aivascope V2 1.75x that I am about to sell...I have three 1.75x's been using one for a long project and wanted backups in case of emergency but only need two :) I'll send you a pm

Hey is it still available?