GH5S or X-T3?

BjornT

Could you share a file of the X-T3 at ISO 12,800 w/o using Neat video so we can have an idea of what your baseline is? Thanks much!

17 minutes ago, chadandreo said:

I own both and in my opinion the X-T3 is a superior camera, especially is you’re going to use it for photography. 

I don’t know what test people have been doing in which the GH5 non-s low light performance is on par or even better than the X-T3. I have gotten usable footage out of the x-t3 at iso 8000 and 12800, whereas I could never go above 3200 on the GH5 without having to use Neat Noise.  

The main advantages of the GH5, is the flipout screen, better battery life and 180fps in 1080p. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
36 minutes ago, chadandreo said:

I own both and in my opinion the X-T3 is a superior camera, especially is you’re going to use it for photography. 

I don’t know what test people have been doing in which the GH5 non-s low light performance is on par or even better than the X-T3. I have gotten usable footage out of the x-t3 at iso 8000 and 12800, whereas I could never go above 3200 on the GH5 without having to use Neat Noise.  

The main advantages of the GH5, is the flipout screen, better battery life and 180fps in 1080p. 

I think people are comparing GH5S with X-T3, not GH5.

37 minutes ago, no_connection said:

Looks like auto ISO is useless in video of that is important to you.

It was a slip of tongue. He meant auto iris was stepped. auto ISO on X-T3 is completely smooth (I have it and tested), X-H1 fixed it with a firmware update. There's no way for FUJI to take a step back on X-T3.

6 hours ago, DBounce said:

@thebrothersthre3 congratulations on the new camera. I know you will love it as much as I do. I believe you will also find you are taking a lot more stills. Few cameras inspire me as much as this Fuji. 

I know I will too? 
I was already pretty happy with my XT20, so this is just icing on the cake. Its nice to be able to shoot in log again.

5 hours ago, seanzzxx said:

What did you film the vlog on? Nice skintones!

Thanks! The vlog was shot on an XT20. It is really a nice camera for the price. 

3 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Kinda boggles the mind that auto iris is even a big deal

Its really useful for vlogging, and sometimes if you are switching from a dark interior to bright exterior. I'd wouldn't want to use it in a film though. 

@tidefilm uploaded some footage from the Pocket 4K and the GH5s for a dynamic range comparison he did here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOtGVgeK_Dc

Downloaded the RAW clips and compared them by matching them, adding some chroma temporal noise reduction and some slight blur to make it look less digital.
Honestly the Pocket4K destroys the GH5s. It's not even fair.
Turns out you may see the infamous horizontal noise pattern on the GH5s not only using VFR.

Download the 4K clip here
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lYduNOHyHSZj_SZPlRy96GJdZUFj8L6Z

Based on research and talking with the company we are buying the XT-3 with battery grip and 18-55 2.8-4 lens to start with. Thanks for all the input guys.

Does anyone know if you shoot in 200mbs codec in 4K if the Sandisk 95 Mb/s V30 SD cards work?

Can one shoot in H265, Long GOP, 4:2:0 10bit in 200mbs bitrate at 25fps? Or only 400?

13 minutes ago, BjornT said:

Based on research and talking with the company we are buying the XT-3 with battery grip and 18-55 2.8-4 lens to start with. Thanks for all the input guys.

Does anyone know if you shoot in 200mbs codec in 4K if the Sandisk 95 Mb/s V30 SD cards work?

Even 400mbps worked fine for me. Pretty amazing

On 10/12/2018 at 10:06 AM, IronFilm said:

Kinda boggles the mind that auto iris is even a big deal

On 10/12/2018 at 10:39 AM, DBounce said:

Indeed, I set all my setting so they don't shift around. And I do this with all my cameras when shooting video.

Yeah, but some of us occasionally need it, and when we DO need it, we REALLY need it.

On 10/11/2018 at 3:03 PM, androidlad said:

It was a slip of tongue. He meant auto iris was stepped. auto ISO on X-T3 is completely smooth (I have it and tested), X-H1 fixed it with a firmware update. There's no way for FUJI to take a step back on X-T3.

Wish there was some sort of consensus on this. I just asked Deane and Andrew on that video on their youtube channel and they said they were 100% sure that Auto ISO is not smooth.