Century 1.33x 37mm & NEX?

ddueck

Hey fellas, for those who have owned/used one of these, just wondering how compatible the Century Optics 1.33x anamorphic adapter (37mm rear thread) might be with my Sony NEX-7, and what lenses would work best. I've got a line on one that looks like a great deal but there's no chance to get my money back if it doesn't work. So, how well does this piece cover APS-C through Sony's E-mount, and how wide can I go? I have to say I'm skeptical. I understand diopters might be a necessity too...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I recall researching these and finding they don't work so well. I think the sharpness was real dodgy.

So I'm seeing, but my biggest concern would be whether it could cover APS-C without vignetting. 37mm seems awfully narrow to be attaching to a 52mm front thread on even M43.

It's a very common line of anamorphic adapter.  I'd suggest selling the copy you have and acquiring one with the larger rear element.  The bayonet mount versions can be adapted such that a step-up ring with 52mm at the smaller side fits perfectly around the rear element.  

There's even at least one version that's much larger at its rear element, but I've only ever seen one of those.