Panasonic Abandoning M43

sanveer

Don’t think Panasonic will abandon m4/3.

People only talk about size with 35mm when taking into account the nifty fifty 1.4 from the old days.

Just take a look how the newest and greatest are. Weight and size is a different league

The strength of 4/3 and m4/3 was always equivalent zoom ranges with a bright F2.8 or the long stuff.

For awesome 35mm I always take my main camera, a Leica M9P. The 50mm lux ist just jaw dropping.

however, carrying a 35mm with a 24-70, 70-200 2.8 and something in the league of 600mm F4... even if superior... no way. I’m often out in the wild or traveling......

Ever tried to get useable CAF with 2x converter on 35mm Canon or Nikon on the long stuff???

B

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
17 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

The older A7xx's have a hack that gets rid of the 30 minute thing. It will go as long as you have card space or battery.

And with their awful batteries they'll last... What? 50 or so minutes, assuming it doesn't overheat? And they'll still lack decent stabilization, awful Sony colors, low bit rates, and all the other features the GH5 introduced. And don't get me started on the rolling shutter I'd have to put up with for something as fast paced as wrestling or other sports! 

It's so weird that people always try to sell me, and other satisfied users, on FF and Sony in particular.  Part of it is they don't get my production situation, which is understandable, but part of it also feels like they just can't understand that there are legitimate benefits to MFT and that sensor size really isn't that important. 

Wrestling events are generally 3-5 hours, with an 15 minute intermission in the middle. I NEED a camera that can shoot 90 to 120 minutes straight. I can't worry about batteries, overheating, etc. because every second I'm not recording during the action is a bad thing and creates issues in post. Sure I can work around them but why not avoid them completely if possible? I'm also constantly moving around the wrestling ring, so that stabilization and the weight of the lens and camera is a godsend. I don't want to have to use my gimbal or shoulder rig on these shoots, the simpler and lighter my set up the easier it is on my fat ass for the 3-5 hours I'm on my feet and shooting! ?

Maybe I'd feel differently if I wasn't regularly just a 1 to 2 person crew. But I have way too many responsibilities and things to worry about when shooting events and these MFT cameras make my life a lot easier.