Nikon Z7 is at EOSHD HQ - better video than Sony?

Andrew Reid

41 minutes ago, docmoore said:

Short silent clip looking at skin tones with the Z 7 and 50 1.2 AIS at F2 ... looks a bit washed out here and a little less red than out of Resolve ... thanks again Vimeo.

https://vimeo.com/294423609

Password : daysend

Bob

Thanks bob, but that was a little bit out of focus and in the shade. I wonder what it looks at 1.2 with some contrasty scene.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Couple of shorts with the Nikon 50 1.2 AIS ... an acquired taste ... and it does not work for every situation.

https://vimeo.com/294668175

https://vimeo.com/294668239

Both have Password : daysend 

Because they will be pulled within a day or two.

Just wanted to share Z 7 and the 50 1.2 ... all manual focus and exposure.

Lens has a fair amount of chromatic aberration and really is sharp from 2.8 on.

But occasionally it is stunning :

_DSC0127.AS.jpg

I think for video it makes sense to wait for the Z6 as in theory full sensor readout must give it the edge - If the Z7 is reading only one pixel in 4 then you are losing, in theory, two stops of light. For slow motion, it is possible that the Z7 is reading only one pixel in 16. With the Z6 it is possible that the 1080p image is at least downsampled from a lineskipped 3K image with should give it better detail.

If someone speaks italian it would be cool as it seems very video centric.

This guy is the first that I have seen that is doing V-log, can someone tell him to tone down the sharpening or Canon is right to limit its camera vlogging to 1080p lol. He uses some sigma long zoom and in some of the shot video autofocus of the plane looks very good.

1 hour ago, Danyyyel said:

He uses some sigma long zoom and in some of the shot video autofocus of the plane looks very good.

It would be nice if the budget long lenses (Sigma 150-600, Nikon 200-500) could be used as action/wildlife video lenses with AF. 
It would be interesting to compare the Sigma on the A7III (with MC11) and N6/7 with (with FTZ)

4 hours ago, Danyyyel said:

I don't know if we can qualify this as poor, I also think I read that it does the video through hdmi, which means higer bitrate,

This is because this is shallow DoF. Any recent camera doing 120p (appart from the EOS R crap of course) looks great filming portraits with thin DoF. It makes it very easy for the codec and bitrate. In the video I sent earlier the whole scene is busy with movements and everything in focus. This is the most challenging scene for slow mo and the only true test to make. Until I do not see a similar scene with good quality, the 120p on Z7 looks poor to me.