Best clamp for Isco Ultrastar Red

BenCoughlan

Hey Guys

Im just building up a small collection of anamorphic's that interest me for a test im doing. 

Does anyone know what the best clamp is for the isco ultrastar red. Im a massive fan of Redstan and have had his clamps on every anamorphic adapter ive ever owned. On the ultra star tho (and I cant really tell from the photos online, hence asking here) It does seem like, 1 there is a screw in piece that looks like it might mas a small area of the glass. and 2,  the clamp looks like it means you cant get the taking les as close to the ana glass as I could if I used a vid atlantic clamp, which looks like its flush with the anamorphic lens. 

Any one got any experience? vignetting/wider taking lens issues. 

Nice one

The rapido, and raf camera ones also look good for this lens

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2018 at 5:50 PM, BenCoughlan said:

Hey Guys

Im just building up a small collection of anamorphic's that interest me for a test im doing. 

Does anyone know what the best clamp is for the isco ultrastar red. Im a massive fan of Redstan and have had his clamps on every anamorphic adapter ive ever owned. On the ultra star tho (and I cant really tell from the photos online, hence asking here) It does seem like, 1 there is a screw in piece that looks like it might mas a small area of the glass. and 2,  the clamp looks like it means you cant get the taking les as close to the ana glass as I could if I used a vid atlantic clamp, which looks like its flush with the anamorphic lens. 

Any one got any experience? vignetting/wider taking lens issues. 

Nice one

The rapido, and raf camera ones also look good for this lens

why not ask redstan i'm sure he'd have some idea surely ?