Zeiss ZX1

Jonesy Jones

5 hours ago, wolf33d said:

This is what I am talking about. When I say this japanese industry does not innovate at all. 

Bigger screen, ssd, integrated lightroom and direct share. This should be in our mirrorless cameras for 2 years. 
No they will keep the same button layout and design and screen as 10y ago. 

This camera will be probably niche and expensive, but bravo Zeiss. 

errr... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panasonic_Lumix_DMC-CM1

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, BTM_Pix said:

If they pitch it midway between the RX1Rii and the Leica Q then it will be £3K.

If it is then they could very likely dominate the "Hang on...you want HOW much for a fixed lens camera?!?!?!?" sector of the market quite quickly.

The Rx1r ii was launched at $3300. About £3k here in the UK :( I bought it 2 years later for 2k tho

• Super Members
21 minutes ago, Inazuma said:

The Rx1r ii was launched at $3300. About £3k here in the UK :( I bought it 2 years later for 2k tho

Sorry, Yeah, was just going off current £2.5K for the Sony and £3.5K for the Leica.

God knows what the UK price will be post Brexit when it's probably launched. 

Probably cost 500 pairs of Levis, 10 sacks of potatoes and 25 LPs of music from Western bands. 

41 minutes ago, jhnkng said:

I definitely think that both that Panasonic and the Samsung whose name escapes me with the zoom lens would have found the world had come round to meet them if they did new versions.

34 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

I definitely think that both that Panasonic and the Samsung whose name escapes me with the zoom lens would have found the world had come round to meet them if they did new versions.

Definitely. There are basically thousands of Android models available and no one has the guts to offer a no-compromise photography model. I still cannot believe that Sony has not made a RX smartphone model like the Pana CM1. Also, where are the so much rumored curved sensors etc.

1 hour ago, BTM_Pix said:

Absolutely -- The CM1 was an idea ahead of its time, from all reports it's a bit clunky and not that nice to use. Though I checked LR Mobile's minimum specs and on paper at least it should run on the CM1. I didn't know about Samsung having a similar model, but a Galaxy 9 / NX1 mashup would probably sell like hotcakes on EOSHD!

• Super Members
1 hour ago, jhnkng said:

Absolutely -- The CM1 was an idea ahead of its time, from all reports it's a bit clunky and not that nice to use. Though I checked LR Mobile's minimum specs and on paper at least it should run on the CM1. I didn't know about Samsung having a similar model, but a Galaxy 9 / NX1 mashup would probably sell like hotcakes on EOSHD!

The Samsung one was more of a full on compact camera.

ht_samsung_camera_white_jef_121224_wmain.jpg