Panasonic announces the 10-25mm f/1.7 Micro Four Thirds Lens!

Marcio Kabke Pinheiro

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 2 months later...
17 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

I love to use manual focus or semi-automatic going along tap to focus on my AF MFT glass coupled to P4K.

This is mostly how I do it. I use back button focus to acquire subject and then use manual to adjust. I would also really appreciate linear manual focus option like is offered on the S series.

I also have found that the pull focus assist is very handy for creative shots where you have time to set it up (45 seconds or so).

This is a very impressive price and weight. Depending on what the GH6 has will probably dictate whether I grab this or not.

but I’d love something like this that is that much lighter than the Sigma/Metabones combo (which I stop down to f1.4-1.8 most of the time anyway).

and the extra wide angle is amazing. Getting a 20-50mm (with AF) compared to something like 27-55mm is also very useful. Add on the GH5 1.4x punch in and you have a 20-75mm f1.7 - really impressive. 

Almost makes me want to stay with MFT, but that new L Mount camera coming is going to be sweeeeeet

3 hours ago, currensheldon said:

Getting a 20-50mm (with AF) compared to something like 27-55mm is also very useful. Add on the GH5 1.4x punch in and you have a 20-75mm f1.7 - really impressive. 

Almost makes me want to stay with MFT, but that new L Mount camera coming is going to be sweeeeeet

I was thinking this exactly with a new GH6 hopefully coming in the future. It will be a very versatile lens with the teleconvert. 20-75 f1.7 is an awesome range.

I have a feeling the L-mount cine cam will be too rich for my blood for a bit. My guess is a $5K+ body plus those L-mount lenses are expensive.

This 10-20 f1.7 and the Leica 50-200 f2.8-4 will always be in my bag with just one fast 1.2 prime from panny or olympus.

Yea we'll see how much the L-Mount camera will be, but the GH6 + 10-25mm f1.7 isn't that much different than an S1 + 24-70mm f2.8, which would be way heavier, more expensive, and losing that very useful 20-24mm range. That is, if the GH6 can make sure to have the low light capabilities of the GH5s. And, chances are, the GH6 will be the most feature-packed $2k camera out there.