Panasonic announces the 10-25mm f/1.7 Micro Four Thirds Lens!

Marcio Kabke Pinheiro

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I have been shouting for a fast f2 Zoom for the longest. This is like 1/2 a stop faster than that. Seriously wow. 

Though they should have avoided that L badge on it. It adds like $500 (maybe more) only for that Red Dot and Badge. Sigma is probably making the lens (they probably designed it too). 

Their catchline for this lens is worthy of a double take. It was definitely coined by a Chinese Ad Agency:

"Taking full advantage of Micro Four Thirds"

???

Bildschirmfoto-2018-09-25-um-12.59.21.png

8 hours ago, Robert Collins said:

This lens rather neatly shows why Panasonic is heading into FF. It is a big heavy, expensive fast zoom designed to appeal to those users that see the need to make up for the lack of light and DOF inherent in a smaller sensor. At some point you inevitably conclude that a larger sensor makes more sense.

I agree and have commented previously in other threads about this.

I'm not sure why but when you go smaller than APSC there are no fast zooms available, and APSC only has the one option.