Jump to content
mojo43

GO Colombia // Sony a7iii // Mavic Pro // RX100

Recommended Posts

EOSHD Pro Color for Sony cameras EOSHD Pro LOG for Sony CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
22 minutes ago, Robert Collins said:

Great stuff. Makes me want to go there - never been....

Ya it's a really interesting place. I had heard bad things about safety and also assumed that it would be a country similar to Ecuador in terms of scenery. Safety was fine and the people were so friendly. The landscapes were very different to Ecuador as well. Mass tourism hasn't quite hit there so it's a great time to visit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice video! I enjoyed GO Cuba as well which at this time inspired my with my own Cuba video. 

Technical questions: 
Did you use a gimbal? 
Seems like the RX100 was not used much? 
What lenses on A7III, and order of use/preference? 
Why do you upload the video in FHD only? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Inazuma said:

This is incredible. I can't believe you did this on a personal trip!

Haha, ya I have a pretty awesome family to tolerate it :)

 

1 hour ago, wolf33d said:

Very nice video! I enjoyed GO Cuba as well which at this time inspired my with my own Cuba video. 

Technical questions: 
Did you use a gimbal? 
Seems like the RX100 was not used much? 
What lenses on A7III, and order of use/preference? 
Why do you upload the video in FHD only? 

 

Oh fantastic. Where can I find it? I actually used the RX100 for a lot of it. I put it on a zhiyun crane m. I am actually going to put a YT video out soon about this. The crane m/rx100 and the mavic seems like a really great lightweight kit for personal travel films. Everything is so compact and you can do so much with it. Plus no one cares that you are filming because it's such a small camera. Highly recommended. The only thing that I miss on it is lowlight and macro on a long lens. 

As for the FHD question, I shot a lot of it in 1080p.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mojo43 said:

Oh fantastic. Where can I find it? I actually used the RX100 for a lot of it. I put it on a zhiyun crane m. I am actually going to put a YT video out soon about this. The crane m/rx100 and the mavic seems like a really great lightweight kit for personal travel films. Everything is so compact and you can do so much with it. Plus no one cares that you are filming because it's such a small camera. Highly recommended. The only thing that I miss on it is lowlight and macro on a long lens. 

As for the FHD question, I shot a lot of it in 1080p.

I agree. I shot my Cuba video with RX100 as well, and A7R II. I also had the RX100 on the crane. Very good combo indeed for traveling. As you say it is missing in low light but I also found difficult to have nice DoF for portraits. For most people shots I used the A7R II for this reason.
So which lenses did you use on the A7III?

As for the video you can find it here: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Trek of Joy said:

Beautiful piece. Columbia is an awesome country to explore, spent a few weeks there at the end of last year. Its a little bit of everything that makes Latin America so special in one place.

Chris

Agreed! I was surprised at how diverse Colombia is. So many differing landscapes. Thanks!

 

1 hour ago, wolf33d said:

I agree. I shot my Cuba video with RX100 as well, and A7R II. I also had the RX100 on the crane. Very good combo indeed for traveling. As you say it is missing in low light but I also found difficult to have nice DoF for portraits. For most people shots I used the A7R II for this reason.
So which lenses did you use on the A7III?

As for the video you can find it here: 

 

Damn that hand/ant shot!!!! :)

 

Ya the rx100 for portraits is doable though. I would say about half of my portrait shots where done with the rx100. Just need the right lighting and zoom haha... Nice vid!

For the A7iii I had the Canon 28mm F2, but I didn't use it as I remember? I basically kept the Nikon 105 f2.8 on the a7iii. I didn't use it that much.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great shooting and editing.  Love all the quick close up shots and speed ramping, keeps things flowing and pacing high.  Would have maybe liked a few more slow sequences, and a better voice for the narration.  Really impressive overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...