GoPro Hero 7 with Hypersmooth stabilization

wolf33d

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 9/25/2018 at 6:47 PM, wolf33d said:

Cool, thanks for reporting. 

Ordered mine via their $100 off when you trade in an old camera. I literally bough a $10 10 year old compact camera, sent it (prepaid label) to GoPro and I am getting it for $299. This rocks. 

@wolf33d

Do you have a link for this?  The only page I get is for the fusion camera :(

I thought I saw it a few days ago, now I only see the fusion
https://shop.gopro.com/tradeup

The footage does look pretty good, and assuming the stabilisation is done before the compression it will help to get the most from the limited bitrate.

Be aware that any official footage will be the absolute best possible, so ensure that you look at real-world examples too.

It does look pretty tempting though.

When is it shipping?

1 hour ago, kye said:

The footage does look pretty good, and assuming the stabilisation is done before the compression it will help to get the most from the limited bitrate.

Be aware that any official footage will be the absolute best possible, so ensure that you look at real-world examples too.

It does look pretty tempting though.

When is it shipping?

It's shipping now.

• 4 weeks later...

Been too slammed to finish this, but finally able to put something together. All vanilla settings: 2.7k, 100iso, GoPro color, Sharpness low. Double mount to Handler grip. This was meant to test Hypersmooth in Hero7 Black. No audio as it is pulled from a much longer video I'm working on.

On 9/30/2018 at 9:40 PM, Emanuel said:

As for instance other than the one from Peau Productions? Do you know other makers?

ribcage have m12 lenses that fit the go pro as well.  you can buy m12 lenses of ebay for a few dollars but i have read the results don't match up to expectations so it seems your only options are cheap lenses for a few dollars of ebay or much better lenses of peau productions or ribcage for about $100. if you swap out the lenses there is a colour cast that is introduced usually pink with gopro 4 and earlier, that can be removed with a firmware upgrade but that's $50 as well. i have read that peau or ribcage state that there is no  colour cast with the 6, i assume that would apply to the seven as well i am unsure about the 5

hmm got this in the email today so the offer is still good im tempted to see if they would accept my old nikon 950 :)

FREE SD CARD WITH ALL CAMERAS + FREE SHIPPING

$100 off the new
HERO7 Silver

when you trade in your old digital camera.

LET'S TRADE

Email not displaying correctly? View in browser.

Terms and Conditions
Any GoPro or digital camera with an original retail value of at least $99.99 USD is eligible for trade in. Applies only to purchases of HERO7 Silver or Fusion cameras made on gopro.com and delivered in the United States. The Program is non-transferable and cannot be combined with any other offers, discounts or promo codes, or applied to previous purchases. See full terms + conditions.

GoPro, HERO and their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of GoPro, Inc. in the United States and other countries. © 2018 GoPro, Inc. All rights reserved.
Don't want these emails? Unsubscribe.

GoPro Inc., 3000 Clearview Way, San Mateo, CA, 94402 USA

offers only good in the usa... which i think is a bit discriminatory considering they ship these things  worldwide. typical really, just leave everyone else out in the cold sigh !!

EDIT in hindsight it appears you can only get the hero 7 silver or fusion. i guess they have a bunch of 7 silvers or fusions they would like to move before xmas . if it was a 7 black i might have been interested but i think i'll save my dollars for bm 4k accessories that i gonna need like the samsung t5 1t. considering the price of cards out here in aus the samsung is quite reasonable just gonna get that and learn to live with it i think

On 10/31/2018 at 1:28 PM, graphicnatured said:

Been too slammed to finish this, but finally able to put something together. All vanilla settings: 2.7k, 100iso, GoPro color, Sharpness low. Double mount to Handler grip. This was meant to test Hypersmooth in Hero7 Black. No audio as it is pulled from a much longer video I'm working on.

So definitely go for the hero7?