2.8 zoom with electronic contacts and character

Martin Matěj

Hello Guys,

I like using my sigma 17-50 2.8 on G80 with viltrox EF-M2 speedbooster because I think that it has at least some character, the adapter gives me stop of light and communicates the focal lenght to stabiliser system so I don't have to dial in the right focal lenght each time I want to zoom. The close focus distance of 20 cm is also nice.

Now I would like to ask if there is a lens that I could also use on this speedbooster that would have longer focus throw? Because this sigma has only like 45 degrees and I would like to have at least 90 degrees. Do you please know how long is the focus throw on canon 17-55 2.8 or sigma 18-35 1.8 and whether that lens has some character like flares and stuff like that?

Thanks a lot guys. I enjoy reading this forum.

Here is some of my work if you want to check it out:

https://vimeo.com/martinmatej

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

@Martin MatÄ›j the 18-35 is a lovely lens and is very popular, there are quite a few videos on YouTube shot with it so if you do some searching you should find some examples of what it looks like and if it suits your tastes. 

You may even be able to find some videos shot with the speed booster and camera you are talking about, which would confirm that it works and how it looks.

I really appreciate mine.