Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

On 10/9/2018 at 2:24 PM, Ingerson said:

I've considered this, but 2 problems:

1. I'm not tech savvy and reading about computer components is like greek to me. I simply don't understand it. It's like most people with car: We know how to drive and fill it with gas, but we're not mechanics.

2. I'm on the move and prefer something I can carry in a bag. I'm a minimalist in every way.

So back to the main questions several pages later: Anyone with a recent Macbook or iMac that can tell me about HEVC performance?

I eager to try out to edit X-T3 footage on an iPad Pro with Lumafusion. The iPad has a dedicated h265 decoder/encoder in the SOC. The rumoured iPad Pro with an A12X chip will be a beast. For editing family, or personal stuff on the go this could be good. I edited a bit of 4k h265 iPhone X Footage on an iPad Pro 9.7 (2016 model) with Lumafusion which worked great. My old Macbook Pro 13" from 2013 couldn't handle it. 

There is still missing a bit from Lumafusion, but it's quite good for an iPad App. Don't know it the high bitrates could be a problem. 

When I'm in vacation a leave my laptop at home and only take my IPad with me. The X-T3 with one to the new rumored 11" iPad Pros could be a really cool small an powerfull mobile package. 

Time that Apple brings Final Cut X to the iPad! 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, wolf33d said:

...quite far from real use 98% of people will make for this camera

Isn't that Canon's motto?

- 98% doesn't need 4K (2012 to 2016) - the top 2% can afford a $12000 camera

- 98% doesn't need 4K FF (2012 to current) - it was a cropped sensor since the 1dc 

- 98% doesn't need 4K/60p (2016 to current) - still need to buy a $6000 1dx2 or $8000 c200...

so on and so forth....

10 hours ago, jonpais said:

So you're saying most X-T3 shooters won't be rigging their camera out like this? :) 

If I was the 1st AC there I'd have discussed taking a very very different path in rigging up that camera! Yes, even though we'd be adding on wireless follow focus / wireless video / V lock / monitors-recorder / shoulder rig / rails / etc etc

Just ugh! Could have been done so much better. 

On 9/27/2018 at 2:24 PM, DBounce said:

Here is the breakdown:

Wide shots: 16mm f1.4 -24mm equivalent

Medium shots: 23mm F2 - 35mm equivalent

GH5S: From 4.55 - 5.28.

Keep in mind when shooting with Eterna you need to crank up the DR setting if in high contrast conditions.... which I did not do... as I was not aware of this information at the time. This is not an issue in FLog. The GH5S was set to use VLogL, so it was capturing maximum dynamic range.

How did you find the 23 F2 lens? Sharp enough? Good IQ? Good autofocus?

It's time for me to get a new camera! And I am torn between the XT3 and the Sony A7 III both with the kit lens. I have a set of russian m42 lenses and a set of Olympus OM Zuikos, plus several Canon EF-S (18-135mm, 10-18mm, Sigma 30mm, 50mm macro). I love to shot hand-held, so I feel Sony's IBIS and full frame would exploit better my lenses. But at the same time I love everything about the Fuji!!! Can I get a cheap adaptor which would permit me to use the Canon lenses with at least aperture control and IS on the Fuji?? 

• Super Members
23 minutes ago, Xavier Plágaro Mussard said:

Can I get a cheap adaptor which would permit me to use the Canon lenses with at least aperture control and IS on the Fuji?? 

Kipon do one with autofocus for about £230 and they also do a version with a speedbooster in it for about £100 more.

• Super Members

Viltrox has an affordable EF adapter with AF and aperture. Think its $130 or something like that. I bought it on sale in a store so I'm not sure about ebay prices.

I have both the Viltrox and the Kipon EF speedbooster. Both lets you change aperture with the dial on the camera. AF is rather lens dependent. 

I have a quick demo of the Viltrox on my YouTube and will publish a review of the speedbooster hopefully this weekend.

2 hours ago, Xavier Plágaro Mussard said:

It's time for me to get a new camera! And I am torn between the XT3 and the Sony A7 III both with the kit lens. I have a set of russian m42 lenses and a set of Olympus OM Zuikos, plus several Canon EF-S (18-135mm, 10-18mm, Sigma 30mm, 50mm macro). I love to shot hand-held, so I feel Sony's IBIS and full frame would exploit better my lenses. But at the same time I love everything about the Fuji!!! Can I get a cheap adaptor which would permit me to use the Canon lenses with at least aperture control and IS on the Fuji?? 

i have the same "problema". Was waiting for sony 7as3 to help me decide but it looks like nothing in the near future. Thaugh decission indeed.

7 hours ago, shooter said:

How did you find the 23 F2 lens? Sharp enough? Good IQ? Good autofocus?

Fuji really doesn’t make a bad lens. The 23mm F2 is a lovely lens and has lots of character. AF is quick and quiet.

I did recently order the 56mm F1.2 and will replace the 50mm F2 with this lens. I shoot a fair bit of stills with this focal length, so favor the  wider aperture.

Does someone have the Zhiyun Crane and the X-T3? The remote jack is on the right side on the X-T3, so the Panasonic cable included with the gimbal is just the right size, however it can't start video recording, or take images. You could of course say that it's meant to be used with Panasonic, but a friend of mine has a Moza AirCross and it works flawlessly with the X-T3 using the included Panasonic cable. I already asked Zhiyun, but maybe some of you can help.

58 minutes ago, Attila Bakos said:

Does someone have the Zhiyun Crane and the X-T3? The remote jack is on the right side on the X-T3, so the Panasonic cable included with the gimbal is just the right size, however it can't start video recording, or take images. You could of course say that it's meant to be used with Panasonic, but a friend of mine has a Moza AirCross and it works flawlessly with the X-T3 using the included Panasonic cable. I already asked Zhiyun, but maybe some of you can help.

Did you set the stabliser setting in the app to Panasonic? Did you connect the microUSB to the tilt motor? Did you power on the gimbal first before the camera?