Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

I friend of mine has a bit of electrical engineering knowledge, he created a cable that allows me to control the X-T3's shutter and focus from the Zhiyun Crane Plus. It works on the Zhiyun Crane 2 as well. He won't create another one but I can ask for the wiring diagram if anyone's interested. It needs an optocoupler and a couple of resistors, so a part of the cable will be thick, but it's not a real problem.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 minute ago, Attila Bakos said:

I friend of mine has a bit of electrical engineering knowledge, he created a cable that allows me to control the X-T3's shutter and focus from the Zhiyun Crane Plus. It works on the Zhiyun Crane 2 as well. He won't create another one but I can ask for the wiring diagram if anyone's interested. It needs an optocoupler and a couple of resistors, so a part of the cable will be thick, but it's not a real problem.

thanks, but personaly i don't know anyone that could actualy build the cable even with wiring diagram :(

i am not even sure that what is working on the crane will work with an other gimbal. not even talking of the nucleus nano

Just now, thephoenix said:

thanks, but personaly i don't know anyone that could actualy build the cable even with wiring diagram :(

i am not even sure that what is working on the crane will work with an other gimbal. not even talking of the nucleus nano

Sorry it wasn't a reply to your issue, I just thought I mention it as we are talking about cables.

1 hour ago, androidlad said:

X-T3 is capable of full open gate 6240x4160 12bit readout at 30fps, with 31ms rolling shutter, if combined with 1.5x anamorphic lenses it'd be a dream setup.

That's why every one of us should ask Fuji for an open gate video recording - maybe they will incorporate it in some future update.

I've already suggested it via https://www.fujifilm.com/contact/

On 6/11/2019 at 12:42 PM, thephoenix said:

Interesting film, beautiful looking, and the noise reduction made it look like DV tape (with great colours though). I noticed they used the Fujinon MKX (and another) lenses, and that's why the footage seemed so noisy (f2.9). 

I am guessing they didn't really have a tiny budget, since they had a joint production, green screen and CGI. I wish they also mentioned what ISO the majority of the film was shot at. I am guessing it must be pretty high. 

Overall the film looks pretty good. 

2 hours ago, Mmmbeats said:

Person posts amazing looking film shot on sub-£1k camera.  Posts that follow mostly highlighting criticisms.  Nothing wrong with the observations btw, but do you think we might be a bit in danger of losing our 'wow' factor?

It is Not amazing if it is too dark whether you like it or not. In this day and age nearly Any camera, even Phones can take great stuff if you can grade and edit. If I was the African actor in it I would be pissed. He is Black alright, so Black half the time he just sort of blends into the woodwork. Piss poor grade.

This is suppose to be what a Person of Color is Suppose to look like in a dark environment. Not just a freaking shadow!

1DC.thumb.jpg.67ec0b743fafcebde65cd825084facf7.jpg

You don't know your ass from a hole in the ground about grading. Maybe you Ought to Calibrate your Monitor if you think it is OK. It sure as hell isn't on mine.

I guess the new norm on here if it is half assed it is fine. Sure we are probably going to half ass stuff, but if that is the best video on You Tube to show off the XT-3  well Woopty Ding.

11 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

You don't know your ass from a hole in the ground about grading. Maybe you Ought to Calibrate your Monitor if you think it is OK. It sure as hell isn't on mine.

I guess the new norm on here if it is half assed it is fine.

You think its poor grading or just poorly lit?

13 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

You think its poor grading or just poorly lit?

Well poorly lit would be the obvious choice. You can't get something out of a grade if it wasn't there to start with. But it should have been graded better in the darker scenes. There is no mood when you can't see the actors, their expressions..

The story and the effects in it are great, it just should not have been shot the way it was lighting, grading wise. Sure this stuff is hard as hell, but it puts the XT-3 in a bad light, pun intended. It makes it look like it has shit poor DR, and they are pretty good with DR. But you can't expect miracles. I don't know how it was shot, but it looks like a lot of Run n Gun, and that is the consequences of that style. You Have to light stuff. You have to block off shots like that.

36 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

This is suppose to be what a Person of Color is Suppose to look like in a dark environment. Not just a freaking shadow!

1DC.thumb.jpg.67ec0b743fafcebde65cd825084facf7.jpg

Hmm, that's not a dark environment, the table on the left of the frame is almost blown out. Maybe this is a better example of what you're trying to get at. Dark scene, but you can still see the expressions and intention in the performances.

MV5BNzk1M2I2ZjUtZGMzNS00NmFiLWFlNDItMDQ3