Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Has anyone tried a DC coupler into the X-T3? Was thinking about picking up a monitor w/ Sony FP support to help supply power out to the camera as well

@MushroomDude

I haven't used a DC coupler (battery dummy) in the X-T3, but I have used a PD-compatible power supply into the USB-C port, and it seems to power the camera. I shot about 20 minutes of 4K video over an hour with the camera on the whole time, and the battery still showed full charge. That's normally enough to drain the battery.

I guess in the upcoming firmware update they are adding a different icon to show when it's not running off the internal battery, which will be nice.

I just received X-T3 and I can't find any way to record simultaneously to both SD cards. Backup recording seems to affect still images only. Is this the truth or is there something I'm missing? 

2 card slots are a waste if there is no way to use them for backup recording.

• Super Members
13 minutes ago, Hene1 said:

I just received X-T3 and I can't find any way to record simultaneously to both SD cards. Backup recording seems to affect still images only. Is this the truth or is there something I'm missing? 

2 card slots are a waste if there is no way to use them for backup recording.

Yes, for stills you can select the two slots to be used for the RAW/JPEG splitting, backup or in sequential mode but for video it is sequential only.

The sequential process can be set so that stills will go to one card and video to the other though, which is a worthwhile function for a hybrid.

So, yes, for video there is no backup option unless you have an external recorder and use the internal SD with simultaneous output to HDMI setting.

On 11/30/2018 at 1:17 AM, thephoenix said:

f4 is the same no matter the sensor size

Well... yes, if you are interested only in exposure.

it ain't the same if you are comparing depth of field at equivalent focal lengths.

Also, if it means using the same ISO value among different sensors, then sensor performance is generally going to be better on the larger sensor.

actually in this article he compares different focal length

of course depht of field isn't the same if your distance to subject isn't the same, but if you move closer to the subject to have same crop (background will look larger though) then depth of field is the same

when did the topic change from X-T3 to equivalency? Is there nothing about the camera worth talking about? 

How is everybody finding h.265 10 bit to work with? For me it works without any problems. Only exporting h.265 10 bit is impossible. Not literally but it takes ages (literally). 

On 11/28/2018 at 6:41 PM, Django said:

honestly i feel XT3 is the first hybrid camera that really gives Super35 cine cameras a run for their money.. at a fraction of the cost.

Even 120fps & 4K60 looking amazing.. 

I dont know man, It doesnt look bad at all. But have not seen anything that has that true cinema mojo (maybe because its a fairly new camera, and no one actually used one on a decent project). But it does look better than most dslrs or mirrorless camera's. 

3 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

I dont know man, It doesnt look bad at all. But have not seen anything that has that true cinema mojo (maybe because its a fairly new camera, and no one actually used one on a decent project). But it does look better than most dslrs or mirrorless camera's. 

You have to bring the "cinema mojo". There is no preset for this. This is why regardless of how good these cameras get most users will continue to put out amateur looking footage. 

I found one, not sure if its been posted in over these 55 pages. Looks pretty good, but often feels way too sharp and digital to be truly great.

57 minutes ago, DBounce said:

You have to bring the "cinema mojo". There is no preset for this. This is why regardless of how good these cameras get most users will continue to put out amateur looking footage. 

Well some camera's have more mojo then others. I feel like the 5D III RAW has some kinda voodoo mojo, offcourse the Alexa has it, and all film camera's(have not shot with an actual film camera before though)

lens is important too, but most of the people now shoot too sharp or add too much sharpness in post, social networks illness.

for my part i am still looking for a good canon / fuji adapter as i don't have any fuji lenses and have all set of good canon lenses and don't feel like selling them

56 minutes ago, thephoenix said:

lens is important too, but most of the people now shoot too sharp or add too much sharpness in post, social networks illness.

for my part i am still looking for a good canon / fuji adapter as i don't have any fuji lenses and have all set of good canon lenses and don't feel like selling them

True but its the manufacturers fault as well. I guess its a easier sell to the masses, so they can shoot and say, look how sharp this looks."Amazing huh" Sure whatever floats your boat.

31 minutes ago, zerocool22 said:

True but its the manufacturers fault as well. I guess its a easier sell to the masses, so they can shoot and say, look how sharp this looks."Amazing huh" Sure whatever floats your boat.

Especially standard sharpening settings ugh...

But on my GH5 I can't get rid of that oversharpened look even by using a strong diffusion filter and setting sharpening to -5... lol
The X-T3 is better in that regard. -4 looks already quite ok. But nothing comes close to a RED, ARRI or BM camera.