Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

27 minutes ago, Yurolov said:

I used to use a6500 on the first version crane. Footage was smooth as anything and it was because of the ibis. I put other cameras on there and it just wasn't near the same. Ibis is a necessity. 

Only with one handed gimbals though. If you have the proper equipment it isn't necessary. Post stabilization would fix any small issues you have as well or Lens IS 

Knowing how to walk and move with a gimbal is also important. I know everyone wants to just pick equipment up and have it do everything for  them. Back when steadicams were the only mobile stabilization option, it would take a ton of practice to be decent with them. Gimbals are much easier to use but there is still skill that can be learned. 

Maybe I am talking to a seasoned steadicam operator though and in that case I will go hide in the corner?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

of course if its some big scenario case then its always good to have alexa-on-ronin setup. but when u had skill u can scale it on any production and needs. and here some more xt2/crane/18mm combination ( now with ibis stabilized x-h1/55mm):

and with 4k60 and better rs there's even easier to get stabilized results. crane/xt3 is stuning combo in terms of possibilities/$

btw does anyone knows if xt3 output 1080/120 in 10bit over hdmi or not?

1 hour ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

The question was about IBIS only though. If you can simply use IS to replace IBIS, then IBIS is even more less essential. 

The point was that a camera with no stab at all (IS or IBIS) on a gimbal shows vibrations. It's better to have IS or IBIS on a gimbal. This is very well known and proved even by the video just sent. 

5 hours ago, Vladimir said:

of course if its some big scenario case then its always good to have alexa-on-ronin setup. but when u had skill u can scale it on any production and needs. and here some more xt2/crane/18mm combination ( now with ibis stabilized x-h1/55mm):

and with 4k60 and better rs there's even easier to get stabilized results. crane/xt3 is stuning combo in terms of possibilities/$

btw does anyone knows if xt3 output 1080/120 in 10bit over hdmi or not?

Was that entire video shot on the xt-2? Your colors looks fantastic - any LUTs or did you just grade that by hand?

1 hour ago, wolf33d said:

The point was that a camera with no stab at all (IS or IBIS) on a gimbal shows vibrations. It's better to have IS or IBIS on a gimbal. This is very well known and proved even by the video just sent. 

Yeah but the whole question of this thread is if IBIS is a must have in 2018. I would say no. You can just buy lenses with IS or stabilize in post. 

But again I am pretty sure those issues are coming from using one handed gimbals( which suck for getting really stable shots). That's what most people use though I guess, including me lol. Though I am going to get a two handed extension for mine soon. 

3 hours ago, wolf33d said:

If you're going to go with a universal zoom on a gimbal, I'd choose the a7 III + Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 over the Fuji + 16-55mm f/2.8. The Tamron is $800.00 vs. $1,000.00 for the Fuji, is 100 grams lighter and the a7 III has in-body stabilization.

• Super Members
35 minutes ago, jonpais said:

If you're going to go with a universal zoom on a gimbal, I'd choose the a7 III + Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 over the Fuji + 16-55mm f/2.8. The Tamron is $800.00 vs. $1,000.00 for the Fuji, is 100 grams lighter and the a7 III has in-body stabilization.

How would you compare them if both had IBIS (x-h1) and they cost similar (buying used)?

Im thinking about the 16-55.

11 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

How would you compare them if both had IBIS (x-h1) and they cost similar (buying used)?

Im thinking about the 16-55.

I can't exaggerate - the 16-55mm f/2.8 is a gorgeous lens.

But it is huge and heavy and it costs a bunch new in the States.

If you can find it used for a good price, I guarantee you won't be disappointed in the optical quality.

I haven't bought the Tamron yet, just seen comparisons and AF tests at various websites, but it looks impressive too.

If build quality is your thing, or if you need those extra millimeters, the Fuji will kill the Tamron for sure.

I'd also like to say sorry to you too, Mattias. I know we've had our differences, but I hope no hard feelings.

We're both pretty opinionated!

• Super Members
32 minutes ago, jonpais said:

I can't exaggerate - the 16-55mm f/2.8 is a gorgeous lens.

But it is huge and heavy and it costs a bunch new in the States.

If you can find it used for a good price, I guarantee you won't be disappointed in the optical quality.

I haven't bought the Tamron yet, just seen comparisons and AF tests at various websites, but it looks impressive too.

If build quality is your thing, or if you need those extra millimeters, the Fuji will kill the Tamron for sure.

I'd also like to say sorry to you too, Mattias. I know we've had our differences, but I hope no hard feelings.

We're both pretty opinionated!

All is good my man, I never hold grudges more than 5min/time. Life is too damn good (and short) :) 

It sounds as if the 16-55 might be for me. Im finally getting the 90mm f2 today and thinking that the two together would be a killer combo.

7 hours ago, jonpais said:

As it happens, I used all summer an A7III and gimbal and 28-75mm.

Now I am buying the Fuji combo, why?

Because of 4K60p and better 120p. 10bit, colors and ergonomics being an added bonus.

when A7SIII with Fuji specs is out (or S1 but we know AF will probably suck) we can speak again 

but i agree with you, it sucks to go back to APSC for more weight and crop ... but no choice as good slowmo is a must for me

16 hours ago, wolf33d said:

18-55 is stabilized. Same as IBIS.

do you think  i've shot all these video and still dont know there's ois on my 18-55? (i have issues with my english not my eyes) 

im not using ois to keep batteries longer. thats the point when u have a deal with 126s and just to lazy to constantly changing it. still dont suffering from shaking

13 hours ago, crevice said:

Was that entire video shot on the xt-2? Your colors looks fantastic - any LUTs or did you just grade that by hand?

thanks, there is some (one or two) like Kodak or Astia film luts, custom contrast and some little lumetri cc action but thats not so important, just adding little flavour over ETERNA. which is the thing that made cc fun again) i've also tried first time 1080/60 flog internally on xt2 but that was a bad idea. ETERNA is a time saver fun comebacker. id love to get that simulation on xt2 ( why not - its fuji )