Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Have y'all seen this?

"As you know, Fujifilm has announced that by then end of 2018, there will be a firmware update for Fujifilm X-T3, that will add support for video recording in the Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) and also give the X-T3 the ability to simultaneously output Film Simulation video and F-log footage."

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t3-new-firmware-will-add-exfat-file-system-support-eliminating-4gb-file-size-limit/

I knew about there being an upcoming update for exFAT but the simultaneous recording is news to me.

19 minutes ago, Thomas Hill said:

Have y'all seen this?

"As you know, Fujifilm has announced that by then end of 2018, there will be a firmware update for Fujifilm X-T3, that will add support for video recording in the Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG) and also give the X-T3 the ability to simultaneously output Film Simulation video and F-log footage."

https://www.fujirumors.com/fujifilm-x-t3-new-firmware-will-add-exfat-file-system-support-eliminating-4gb-file-size-limit/

I knew about there being an upcoming update for exFAT but the simultaneous recording is news to me.

TBH the exFAT file larger than 4GB should be available at launch. I hope AF especially AF-C/Face detection are being worked on as well.

7 hours ago, Ingerson said:

Banding test. HEVC 10-bit vs H264 8-bit. 4k and 1080p. Eterna vs F-log. All at 200mbps.

Just used levels and pulled mids all the way down. Same settings on all clips. Uncompressed TIFFs.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yhu4rqvum10zvpa/AABiaNuKfXRf33LKLvi7epAja?dl=0

That would be a pretty tough test on Any camera. Actually not too bad. Desirable well no, but common, yes...

Tried the X-T3 at photokina. 

Not impressed.
Recorded some footage on my SD card in the new 400mbps intraframe codec. Turned noise reduction, sharpening as well as inter frame noise reduction completely off.
In both Astia and F-log faces and even textiles look like a paintbrush was applied. Faces look horrible and lifeless and waxy as well.

Both my GH5 and A7III looked way better and more natural in comparison...
Well, will wait for the BM Pocket 4K then.

40 minutes ago, deezid said:

Not impressed.
Recorded some footage on my SD card in the new 400mbps intraframe codec. Turned noise reduction, sharpening as well as inter frame noise reduction completely off.
In both Astia and F-log faces and even textiles look like a paintbrush was applied. Faces look horrible and lifeless and waxy as well.

As discussed before, HEVC smoothing filters SAO and SIS contributed to that waxiness.

1 hour ago, deezid said:

Not impressed.

Can you share any samples?

1 hour ago, deezid said:

Not impressed.

Dennis, you know it may become pretty misleading without proper testing and time for checking the best from your settings out. Balcony tests are rubbish : ) Thanks anyway to hear especially from you (E : -)