Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I am gonna use a XT3 for 2 weeks, 100% in 4K60P. What is the best profile for 4K60P on the Fuji: FLOG/HLG/ETERNA?

On the A7III I hate the S-Log which is a pain when filming and a pain when grading and gives worst results than using Cine4. I am looking for something decently flat that I can grade quickly to match other cameras, but not a pain to work with like S-log. 

Thanks 

Eterna is the easiest to work with and control on set. What you see is what you get. No need to work on it in post production.

HLG gives the most pleasing results (at least based on my experience), but it's not that easy to get your exposure / white balance right, if you don't use an external monitor with correction LUT.

I don't like F-Log.
(( :

1 hour ago, wolf33d said:

I am gonna use a XT3 for 2 weeks, 100% in 4K60P. What is the best profile for 4K60P on the Fuji: FLOG/HLG/ETERNA?

On the A7III I hate the S-Log which is a pain when filming and a pain when grading and gives worst results than using Cine4. I am looking for something decently flat that I can grade quickly to match other cameras, but not a pain to work with like S-log. 

Thanks 

There is no good answer.
For my part I love F-log and I only use it. On set I have a swit monitor to correctly expose the log with  waveform and to correctly view my picture with LUTs.
Colorgrading is so simple with Resolve 16.1. You just need to say to resolve that it’s F-log (with rcm or with a  color space transform node). And it's done, you get a beautiful picture. Just need some adjustments ( WB contrast expo).

Tried all 3 and it really depends on how you work.

If you go the whole monitor + LUT + heavy workflow, then Flog might work for you.

More lightweight/minimalist + min workflow, the Eterna.

HLG somewhere between but closer to the Flog approach.

Me. I went Eterna and am more than happy with that for wedding work. More than.

New firmware announcement for X-T3:

■ Firmware update for the X-T3, due to be released in December 2019
Firmware version: FUJIFILM X-T3(Ver. 3.10)

Gimbal / Drone support***

This firmware adds the following function to complement the current support for still image shooting via USB communications:

Starting and ending video recording

Adjusting exposure settings (exposure mode, shutter speed, aperture, ISO sensitivity, exposure compensation) for video recording

Making manual focus adjustments

■ Firmware update for the X-T3, due to be released in January 2020
Firmware version: FUJIFILM X-T3(Ver. 3.20)

1. Enhanced autofocus

Improving the tracking performance of the eye AF frame, making it easier to attain accurate autofocus on the eyes

Improving face-detection performance when there are faces of different sizes within the same frame, making it easier to attain accurate autofocus

Improving autofocus capability on a foreground subject even when there is a mixture of foreground and background subjects within a frame, causing the foreground subject to go out of focus, e.g. when shooting flowers against a busy background

2. Capability to save up to 9,999 pictures in each folder

Until now, the number of pictures that can be saved in a folder on an SD card was limited to 999. This update will raise the limit by ten times to 9,999 pictures.

Hi guys !

I just downloaded the latest Resolve version to test out their interpretation of f-log. But I can't find some kind of "f-gamut" in Da Vinci input color space tab. I just have f-log in the gamma input/output. Am I missing something ? Because the gamma maping is nice to have but the most important part of the task is putting back f-log colors into a manageable color space like rec709. Whereas I can deal with a flat gamma myself, adjusting just a curve.

I can put "V-gamut" instead or another one close to f-log colors, but I thought there would have been a specific fuji tab.

Did you guys try this latest version ? I think someone posted a screenshot of color graded f-log footage without using fuji's LUTs.