Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, androidlad said:

As you may be aware, Fujifilm has registered three new cameras:

FF190001

FF190002 – X-Pro3

FF190003

One of them is a 44 x 33 large format video centric camera with 4K x 3K RGB output.

Fujifilm4.jpg

A $ 10,000 GFX100V?

3882 is enough for 4KUHD not for 4KDCI.

What’s this solution? A binning picture with moiré and aliasing at 444 color resolution? 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, androidlad said:

3882 x 2912 x 3(RGB).

That is an immense amount of data.

How does that achieve Fuji's claims in the slideshow of reduced rolling shutter and less overheating compared to a 6K mirrorless camera sensor output?

I'll believe it when I see it!!

I traded my a6400 and sigma trio for the xt3 16-55 and 35 1.4 2 months ago. I’m truly blown away 

been following this thread for over a year just never had an account 

I’m a noob so the wealth of info and knowledge in here is great. 

Mom excited for new models solely so I can afford a second body xh1 or similar hahaha

8 hours ago, BrunoCH said:

A $ 10,000 GFX100V?

3882 is enough for 4KUHD not for 4KDCI.

What’s this solution? A binning picture with moiré and aliasing at 444 color resolution? 

It’s an anamorphic mode.

And due to a 3x3 colour aware binning, it’s completely free of moire/aliasing, also with drastically increased sensitivity. Kinda similar to those 48mp > 12mp smartphone sensors but much much more advanced.

2 hours ago, androidlad said:

It’s an anamorphic mode.

And due to a 3x3 colour aware binning, it’s completely free of moire/aliasing, also with drastically increased sensitivity. Kinda similar to those 48mp > 12mp smartphone sensors but much much more advanced.

Finally also Fuji in Anamorphic mode. I am using mostly anamorphic lenses on my X-T3. Any idea if this will be in APS-c as well?

7 minutes ago, keessie65 said:

Finally also Fuji in Anamorphic mode. I am using mostly anamorphic lenses on my X-T3. Any idea if this will be in APS-c as well?

Would be great to implement a 3 x 3 colour aware binning on X-T3 for 2080 x 1386 RGB, but I think it’s unlikely because colour aware ADC is introduced in 3.76um gen 2 sensors (IMX461XTK)

probably the xpro 3 ? 99% chances it will be aps-c as fuji doesn't seem to be willing to get in the ff market and the xt3 sold pretty well

21 minutes ago, keessie65 said:

I am using mostly anamorphic lenses on my X-T3.

i am expecting a sankor any days soon. hope fuji will do some for anamorphic users

• Administrators
3 hours ago, androidlad said:

It’s an anamorphic mode.

What sort of anamorphic lenses would cover 44x33 sensor? Answer: None of them.

They are nearly all S35. Very few medium format anamorphic lenses out there... maybe for VistaVision somewhere in Hollywood?

That's why the S1H anamorphic mode is only S35

How do we know the slides are from that of a new cam, and not just the GFX 100 (as it's the same sensor)?

13 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

What sort of anamorphic lenses would cover 44x33 sensor? Answer: None of them.

They are nearly all S35. Very few medium format anamorphic lenses out there... maybe for VistaVision somewhere in Hollywood?

That's why the S1H anamorphic mode is only S35

How do we know the slides are from that of a new cam, and not just the GFX 100 (as it's the same sensor)?

There are quite a few large format anamorphic lenses for Alexa 65 that fit GFX.

It’s a new cam because it’s a GFX with X-Trans IV CFA.

10 hours ago, thephoenix said:

probably the xpro 3 ? 99% chances it will be aps-c as fuji doesn't seem to be willing to get in the ff market and the xt3 sold pretty well

i am expecting a sankor any days soon. hope fuji will do some for anamorphic users

and there it is, will do a few tests soon

69964836_445931836014024_3923049628114616320_n.jpg

20190831_100724.jpg

guys i need your help.

i don't get it. so as the cable i had with the nucleus nano didn't work i went for a cut to try to find what is the right wiring.

when i have the red and black inverted it works, i mean it triggers the cam, but only when i touch the cables. when the cables are tied and i push the rec button on the nucleus wheel nothing happens ?

don't get it.

any ideas ? guess it has something to do with the power maybe. i even wonder if it is not malfunctionning because when i test it with the voltmeter there is no voltage difference when i push the rec button and i guess something should happen

• Administrators
On 8/30/2019 at 10:55 AM, androidlad said:

There are quite a few large format anamorphic lenses for Alexa 65 that fit GFX.

It’s a new cam because it’s a GFX with X-Trans IV CFA.

Well, we'll see. I thought the GFX 100 was X-Trans IV, as is X-T3

22 hours ago, BrunoCH said:

DaVinci Resolve Studio 16.1 public beta 2 released

• Support for Fujifilm F-Log colorspace

Now it's possible to use  RCM and make color grading without LUT.

A slight downside: it seems that the fix they implemented for the bad interpretation for Fujifilm files in v16 (bad YCbCr->RGB conversion) only works in Davinci YRGB and not in RCM.