Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

6 hours ago, jpleong said:

I've not used HLG.

I ETTR when I have time.

Zebras can tell you more as they tell you WHAT is overexposed (same with Waveform vs Historgram).

Traditionally, zebras are set between 70-100 IRE (which I believe correlates to 70%-100% on the X-T3).

I have "My Menu" setup so that Zebra On/Off and Zebra settings are a quick few button presses away. I use 100% to see if anything is completely overexposed and then between 40-80% to light skin tones.

did a quick test setting zebra to 100% then going to the limit of the 100 using the nd filter and then ETTR.

did the same with 95 and 90% but got more details in the shade with 100 and i keep the highlights ok,  so as highlights are not clipped in resolve and got details in the shadows i think i am gonna work like that for the next projects.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If you guys are shooting 10-bit do you typically use 200? 400 will not be an option for how much footage I have to film, but I was considering 100 to save even more space. I did some quick tests and 100 vs 200 wasn't very noticeably... but I'm guessing it would show up more in the motion... If it is mostly 4k 60 slowed down to 24 footage, what would you guys recommend? 

2 hours ago, steeped-prod said:

If you guys are shooting 10-bit do you typically use 200? 400 will not be an option for how much footage I have to film, but I was considering 100 to save even more space. I did some quick tests and 100 vs 200 wasn't very noticeably... but I'm guessing it would show up more in the motion... If it is mostly 4k 60 slowed down to 24 footage, what would you guys recommend? 

Yeah you could always switch to 200 for a scene with more movement and go down to 100 for more static shots. 

guess it depends on many things to answer your question.

dr you will need, speed, many colors ot render or not and so on

what i usually do is the higher i can go i go, better safe than sorry ;). i only shoot 400 as i like like security but i have many cards as they are not expensive and h265 doesn't take much space.

• 2 weeks later...

it seems that the stabilization of my canon 28mm 2.8 is not working with the fringer / xt3

i don't see any difference on the screen when i activate / deactivate the is.

am i the only one having this ? don't really know how to be sure and test it as it is the only stabilized lens i took with me on vacation.

On 9/15/2018 at 3:36 PM, Luke Mason said:

Right now the internal HEVC Main 10 Level 5.1 10bit files are extremely taxing on even the most high end hardware. Maybe Adobe CC 2019 with improved playback acceleration could make things a bit better, but for now if you really want 10bit, external recording is almost a must!

Transcode. Edit. My trashcan with external raid can pretty much keep pace with 4k if you set a seperate cache on an external fast SSD.

1 hour ago, androidlad said:

There will be a new firmware announcement around the same time as a new product announcement.

It's a bit quit at Fuji. Now that Sony and Pana have some news, it's waiting for Fuji. Do you know when there will be an announcement?

13 minutes ago, thephoenix said:

xpro 3 should be an xt3 with ibis ? maybe some 6k ?

looks like fuji is the brand to follow now. i was disapointed with the S1h, looking forward to see what's gonna be the xpro 3

The s1h is amazing except the price tag (s1 with vlog is also really good.). Fuji is leading the way with innovation. Sony is becoming canon, canon is desperately trying not to become Sony, and Blackmagic somehow gave their cameras a video look. Weird world. 

2 minutes ago, Shell64 said:

The s1h is amazing except the price tag (s1 with vlog is also really good.)

well i don't share that opinion. it has great features for sure but for that price range i guess the competitors will do as good if not better any soon.

to me it lacks the fact of beeing able to choose your settings in hfr and more 6k fps.

as now it looks like a porsche with a 500 horses power engine but only 2 gears, what's the point ??

ff is cool but in my opinion not a must have when it comes to video, aps-c is great so far.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, androidlad said:

As you may be aware, Fujifilm has registered three new cameras:

FF190001

FF190002 – X-Pro3

FF190003

One of them is a 44 x 33 large format video centric camera with 4K x 3K RGB output.

Fujifilm4.jpg

WOW

Where does the 34MP come in though?