Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

Anyone have this lens for your X-T3? It looks like the price dropped $1,000 USD. A bargain now?

Fujinon XF200mmF2 R LM OIS WR Lens with XF1.4X TC F2 Teleconverter Kit

https://www.amazon.com/XF200mmF2-LM-OIS-Teleconverter-Kit/dp/B07FQB2T4F

Fujinon XF200mmF2 R LM OIS WR Lens with XF1.4X TC F2 Teleconverter Kit

by Fujifilm

Be the first to review this item

Price: $4,999.00 Free Shipping for Prime Members

Pay $481.13 per month or less in 12 monthly payments (plus S&H + tax). Learn more

Equivalent to 300mm (35mm)

19 elements in 14 groups, including one large-diameter Super ED Lens element and two large-diameter ED Lens elements to minimize chromatic aberration

New Focus Preset function that instantaneously changes the focus to a preset position, enabling photographers to capture the main subject with ease, and without having to make focal readjustments.

Utilizing linear motors, the XF200mmF2 R LM OIS WR achieves fast, near silent and high-precision AF performance

The Lens offers 5-stop image stabilization performance and is sealed at 17 points and designed to be weather and Dust-Resistant and to operate in temperatures as low as 14 Degree/-10 Degree.

https://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/digital_cameras/x/fujinon_lens_xf200mmf2_r_lm_ois_wr/index.html

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

No Fuji X cameras write to 2 slots.

Stills yes, but not for video.

You can of course write to an external SSD such as with something like the Ninja V at the same time as writing to one of the internal SD cards...which is my current set up...when my XT3 comes back from being fixed...

12 hours ago, omega1978 said:

Ok, thanks.That's disappointing, so the second slot is waste to have a backup

From a purely video POV maybe, but then these cameras are primarily designed as stills cameras with an increasingly decent video capability rather than pure filmmaking machines.

10 minutes ago, MrSMW said:

From a purely video POV maybe, but then these cameras are primarily designed as stills cameras with an increasingly decent video capability rather than pure filmmaking machines.

When you look at the A7 iii, there you can record video simultaneos and is also a still camera.i think is only a question of programming that you can change in firmware.

I have actually been having some issues with one of my XT3's.

So I do alot of local band filming in town, and last night had a gig for an album releae party. One cam on my Ronin other camera on my Rhino off to the side.

Ronin cam had UHSII 300mb/s cards in them, Rhino cam had UHS1 95mbs cards in there. The Ronin had 40mins of rec time, and the Rhino had 30.

Band plays for 29 minutes. Ronin cam did great, love it, and I walk over to the Rhino and see it say it has 8mins of recording time avaliable. Sure enough I get home and it just stopped recording entirely about 22 minutes in. No battery issue, obviously the cards were not filled.. and this is the 3rd time this has happened on a gig. 

Any ideas?

31 minutes ago, DanielVranic said:

400MBps UHD on both

Heat was not a factor. The camera (XT3) directly next to it ran for 15 mins longer (filled the card, non-heat)

Have not swapped them in a while, so i do not recall if there has been a change. I will test this afternoon.

Is it the card you used?

2 hours ago, DanielVranic said:

400MBps UHD on both

Heat was not a factor. The camera (XT3) directly next to it ran for 15 mins longer (filled the card, non-heat)

Have not swapped them in a while, so i do not recall if there has been a change. I will test this afternoon.

Most likely it's because the UHS-1 95M card couldn't sustain 400Mbps writes for long duration. X-T3 has huge buffer so for slower cards, short takes are fine, but it'd get unpredictable with longer takes.

14 hours ago, androidlad said:

16 hours ago, DanielVranic said:

400MBps UHD on both

95 MB/s is the read rate. Burst write rates are usually a lot less and sustained writes even lower.

Keep in mind that your effective write speed is going to be determined by the lowest write speed, actual write rates fluctuate during a recording, sometimes wildly. What you see in a burst spike is not necessarily what you are going to get if you are recording for a period of time. It will be the minimum write speed, not the maximum.

Also, write times can vary considerably depending on the capacity of the card.

On 3/11/2019 at 2:12 AM, Mokara said:

95 MB/s is the read rate. Burst write rates are usually a lot less and sustained writes even lower.

Keep in mind that your effective write speed is going to be determined by the lowest write speed, actual write rates fluctuate during a recording, sometimes wildly. What you see in a burst spike is not necessarily what you are going to get if you are recording for a period of time. It will be the minimum write speed, not the maximum.

Also, write times can vary considerably depending on the capacity of the card.

I had write errors with this speed card (V30) in my X-T3 at 400Mbps UHD and also 400Mbps DCI. 

"SanDisk - Extreme Pro 128GB SDXC UHS-I Memory Card. 

Fast data transfer

Features up to 95MB/sec. sequential read speed and 90MB/sec. sequential write speed.

Specifications:

Maximum Read Speed

95 megabytes per second

Maximum Write Speed

90 megabytes per second

SD Bus Mode

UHS-I

SD Speed Class

Class 10

UHS Speed Class

U3

Video Speed Class

V30

Speed Class Rating

10"

I had two of them. I returned them to Best Buy, and purchased two of these from Amazon: 

"ProGrade Digital SDXC UHS-II V60 Memory Card (256GB).

SPEED: 200 MB/s Read, Up to 80 MB/s Write, UHS-II, U3 Speed Class

UNPARALLELED QUALITY: Rigorous 100% card testing for highest quality assurance. Serialized tracking of key components and manufacturing data for the highest quality control. Three year warranty

COMPATIBILITY: Canon, Sony, Nikon, Olympus, Panasonic, Fuji, Samsung

DESIGN: Optimized controller and firmware designed for cinematic cameras, 4K, 8K, RAW, RAW HD ready"

It looks like the price has dropped from $180 each to $140 each since I purchased them last month. 

I have not had any problems with the cards since.