Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 minutes ago, Lars Steenhoff said:

its a power saving feature on most fuji cameras, if you put the camera in high performance mode the screen will stay with the fast frame rate, has nothing todo with the recordings

weird didn't change any settings and it is the first time i see that

battery was close to full

I do believe that new crop only happens for the new "viewing modes" that were added with that update. I.e. if you want to save F-LOG internally and see film simulation over HDMI or vice-versa (a new viewing mode) -- then you get the crop, but not in any of the original viewing modes, like where you see F-LOG internally AND externally, or film simulation internally AND externally. I don't think any crop was introduced there.

That meant that the original v1.2 functionality is intact, with some additional options added on in v2.0. I don't think it broke anything -- or am I wrong? 

3 hours ago, thephoenix said:

there was an issue with the previous update, some crop if i remeber, reason why i didn't install it.

is the bug fixed with this new firmware ?

1 hour ago, andrew_dotdot said:

I do believe that new crop only happens for the new "viewing modes" that were added with that update. I.e. if you want to save F-LOG internally and see film simulation over HDMI or vice-versa (a new viewing mode) -- then you get the crop, but not in any of the original viewing modes, like where you see F-LOG internally AND externally, or film simulation internally AND externally. I don't think any crop was introduced there.

That meant that the original v1.2 functionality is intact, with some additional options added on in v2.0. I don't think it broke anything -- or am I wrong? 

The 4K 1.18x crop only happens when you use those two modes with different output (F-log & Film sim).

V2.10 firmware for X-T3 released:

http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/software/firmware/x/xt3/index.html

1. Recording over 4GB movie file as one file  Movie files are no longer split when the file reaches 4GB file size. The file is recorded as one file providing an SD memory card greater than 32GB is used (excludes 32GB).

2. Fix of slight defects.

F-log/film sim output mode 4K constant 1.18x crop issue is not fixed in this update.

Fuji just announced V3.0 firmware for X-T3, coming in April.

XT3_V3.thumb.jpg.1d9cc158a0effdb24555aae7c5d759b6.jpg

It'll come with all of the above, and a few goodies I'm not allowed to say ?

And here are the most requested features according to Fuji:

XT3V3X.thumb.jpg.a56ce18d335bf462add164872c711b32.jpg

With #8 1080/240P being the top priority and will mostly likely be introduced in a firmware update after V3.0 release.

23 minutes ago, androidlad said:

Fuji just announced V3.0 firmware for X-T3, coming in April.

XT3_V3.thumb.jpg.1d9cc158a0effdb24555aae7c5d759b6.jpg

It'll come with all of the above, and a few goodies I'm not allowed to say ?

And here are the most requested features according to Fuji:

XT3V3X.thumb.jpg.a56ce18d335bf462add164872c711b32.jpg

With #8 1080/240P being the top priority and will mostly likely be introduced in a firmware update after V3.0 release.

240fps! Yes!!! Here's hoping the auto focus updates will bring closer to performance of the A6400.