Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
11 hours ago, Alex Uzan said:

Rolling shutter is pretty bad, and no IBIS make handeld shots not useable.

Thanks for the video ?

I tested 2 X-T3s yesterday at B&H. As a point of reference, I have the Sony A7iii & GH5. With a Fuji OIS lens (not used in the video you referenced), the stabilization is better than on my A7iii with IBIS. I don't find the IBIS of the A7iii particularly impressive, it's much better on the GH5. However the OIS in the Fuji lenses appear excellent and actually are better than OIS + IBIS on the FF Sony.

10 hours ago, androidlad said:

* Extended recording time (removal of 30min limit pending EU regulation change)

Ohhhhhh........ is there going to be a regulation change? Anybody know more about this?

Will be a relief for all videographers everywhere if the EU finally decides to join 2018!

8 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Ohhhhhh........ is there going to be a regulation change? Anybody know more about this?

Will be a relief for all videographers everywhere if the EU finally decides to join 2018!

7 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

The absolute final deadline for removal of this limit is 1 July 2019.

https://www.wto.org/english/news_e/news16_e/ita_20apr16_e.htm

On 10/22/2018 at 1:07 PM, Robin said:

I just did a little overheating test on my Xh1 and XT3.

What triggered this was my Xh1 freezing after 10 minutes filming in direct sunlight in Cairo. (So not unexpected)

Back at home with a room temperature of 31c...

The xh1 recorded 15min 4k(max rec length) but upon hitting record again froze. Took battery out and straight back in and got another 15 minutes..... Same thing happened 3 times in a row, got the full 15 minutes but then a freeze upon hitting record again. It did not freeze while recording like it did out in the sun.

The X-T3......... No problems at all. Did 3 30 minute recordings back to back. No freeze's. Was hot to touch but less than the xh1.

Next time I'll try taking the X-T3 out in the sun, just the lack of ibis is why I used the xh1 in this case.

All recording at 4k in 25p

Thanks for mentioning this.

Question: have you noticed any hot pixels in the footage? Specifically, could you shoot several RAW images after some longer session recording video and see if any are showing up in the stills? 

This became so bad with my X-T2 that I had the sensor replaced (under warranty) which yielded some improvement. I've read of others needing to do the same - Zed Pro Media documented their issue, for example.

Curious. Thanks.

26 minutes ago, Walter H said:

Thanks for mentioning this.

Question: have you noticed any hot pixels in the footage? Specifically, could you shoot several RAW images after some longer session recording video and see if any are showing up in the stills? 

This became so bad with my X-T2 that I had the sensor replaced (under warranty) which yielded some improvement. I've read of others needing to do the same - Zed Pro Media documented their issue, for example.

Curious. Thanks.

I thought it may be useful info especially if anyone is filming in a hot climate.

I have not noticed any hot pixels or any image issues at all, but I have not been looking for them. 

If I let the cameras run for a bit and then get some raw stills what is best to shoot? A flat colour wall or something like that ?