Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

4 minutes ago, crevice said:

My guess is that it needs one of those super expensive atomos HDMI 2.0a cables for this to work. They are like 100 bucks. I have tried a few cables I have, but 400 mb/s is greyed out with all of them. I can do 4k 60 200 mb/s though. 

Yeah there was talk of that on a thread about 3 months ago on here. You Had to basically buy the Atomos HDMI cable to make it happen. I had the same problem if you remember with a Mimi HDMI when I tried to update my firmware on my A7s. I had to go buy a 20 dollar Samsung mini HDMI, the 3 of them I Had at home, none worked. They are missing a wire in the cheap ones, and the connectors don't really make good contact to start with.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Best Buy had an open box Samsung t5 drive in the open box section when I went there Sunday... I bought it and plugged it into the X-T3 tonight for gits and shiggles. The X-T3 asked me how I would like to connect, I tried all the options and each time the camera would switch for a second and then the drive would power off. I’m not good enough with software/firmware coding, but it appears the USB-C is at least capable of connecting to external devices... hmmm

12 minutes ago, wolf33d said:

Does someone has a link that says which Fuji lens have good AF tracking performance in video, and which are to be avoided? 

Edit: answering myself: https://alikgriffin.com/a-complete-list-of-fujifilm-x-mount-lenses/

Edit2: this gives info for contrast AF only. Not relevant. My question still stands

All of the new f/2 primes and f/2.8 zooms.

it depends on what you want to do with it. The 16-55mm and 50-140mm are some of the fastest lenses in the lineup. The f/2.0 primes too.

The 16mm f/1.4 ist faster than the other 1.4 lenses and also not quite as loud, but it's audible, but a bit slower than the lenses named before. But even in low light I didn't find the X-T3 struggle with the f/1.4 lenses. At least not yet.

I have had my X-T3 for a week, and while I think my GH5 touchscreen was more responsive and the menu system more intuitive, I am loving the camera's overall image and video quality.  This video from DP Review shows some of the X-T3's video quality and showcases a number of lenses and autofocus capabilities. 

1 hour ago, bsalisbury said:

I have had my X-T3 for a week, and while I think my GH5 touchscreen was more responsive and the menu system more intuitive, I am loving the camera's overall image and video quality.  This video from DP Review shows some of the X-T3's video quality and showcases a number of lenses and autofocus capabilities. 

I think it is a bit videoy for my tastes. Not the kind of image I go for. I also think that ibis is still essential even on a gimbal. There are heaps of micro-jitters in the footage that are usually smoothed out by ibis. Really hard to get rid of it in post. 

17 minutes ago, Yurolov said:

I think it is a bit videoy for my tastes. Not the kind of image I go for. I also think that ibis is still essential even on a gimbal. There are heaps of micro-jitters in the footage that are usually smoothed out by ibis. Really hard to get rid of it in post. 

I think it depends on the gimbal. 

26 minutes ago, Yurolov said:

It definitely is.
But honestly this is the best in camera sharpening I've ever seen. Would shoot documentaries like that.
For a less video look you can still dial down sharpening and NR to -4 and use some diffusion.

1 minute ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Yeah in regards to it looking video what was sharpening and NR at if anything? 

I really love the log profile with the eterna Lut. 

Looks pretty much like standard settings.
Log + Eterna with sharpening and nr dialed down looks great up to ISO3200. At ISO6400 some low contrast detail gets blurred. Very much like the A73 does, but at least with less artifacts.

44 minutes ago, deezid said:

It definitely is.
But honestly this is the best in camera sharpening I've ever seen. Would shoot documentaries like that.
For a less video look you can still dial down sharpening and NR to -4 and use some diffusion.

Probably one of those Pro Mist filters would knock down the video look. Impressive camera for sure. Seems to be a great travel camera for sure. They have a winner no doubt. Way better option than the PK4 for most people. But the PK4 is a great learning tool if you want to get serious about CIne stuff just like the original one was, is..

Both cameras pretty amazing for the cost.

15 minutes ago, wolf33d said:

They used a RONIN S. The other guy is right, IBIS is necessary especially on gimbal because it removes micro vibrations. 

Honestly 1 handed gimbals just aren't great. The Ronin S is really really nice, had a chance to use it the other day. But for really steady shots 1 handed is inferior. 

3 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Honestly 1 handed gimbals just aren't great. The Ronin S is really really nice, had a chance to use it the other day. But for really steady shots 1 handed is inferior. 

I used to use a6500 on the first version crane. Footage was smooth as anything and it was because of the ibis. I put other cameras on there and it just wasn't near the same. Ibis is a necessity.