Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

And no IBIS. 

I see the X-T3 as a camera which will be quickly surpassed by Fuji, if I was considering a X-T3 then I'd just hold off instead. 

Well considering there were two years between the X-T2 and X-T3, you've got another year and a half of waiting for the X-H2 or two more for the X-T4.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

39 minutes ago, docmoore said:

My post was response to a question ...

perhaps you should address his concerns. 

Oh I asking in a more general sense, not targeted at you specifically :) 

4 minutes ago, Brian Williams said:

Well considering there were two years between the X-T2 and X-T3, you've got another year and a half of waiting for the X-H2 or two more for the X-T4.

Yup, exactly, much less than 5yrs!
And a year and half isn't too long to wait. 
I feel I've got less impatient as the years go by :-)
(then again I was getting a little impatient waiting for the NT-SF1? Want to see some independent reviews of that mic!)

The FedEx gods dropped one of these off today, finally.

To answer a few questions, yes the 120p is 10 bit. For some reason Fuji still has it auto set the shutter to 125 instead of 240...still don’t know why they can’t follow the frame rate / shutter rule.

Eye-Fi is blisteringly fast for tracking my crawling/walking daughter around the house and back yard, touch screen tracking is “meh”.

Focus with the 18-55, 35 and 27 is much faster and the 27 pancake hunts much less than on the X-T2 and X-H1. Still not good enough to have smooth focus for video, but a big improvement for photo.

Zebras are really accurate and the focus peaking seems to be easier to see (might be the slightly improved LCD and EVF) for manually focusing.

13 minutes ago, CyclingBen said:

The FedEx gods dropped one of these off today, finally.

Still not good enough to have smooth focus for video, but a big improvement for photo.

Can you upload a short clip (with key settings, including AF sensitivity) that addresses the focus issue you raise.  I intend to get a XT-3 for the supposedly improved AF. I have watched as many clips as I can on line and have been quite impressed with the AF I have seen thus far. But maybe I am missing something important. Thanks.

1 hour ago, CyclingBen said:

Focus with the 18-55, 35 and 27 is much faster and the 27 pancake hunts much less than on the X-T2 and X-H1. Still not good enough to have smooth focus for video, but a big improvement for photo.

1 hour ago, bsalisbury said:

Can you upload a short clip (with key settings, including AF sensitivity) that addresses the focus issue you raise.  I intend to get a XT-3 for the supposedly improved AF. I have watched as many clips as I can on line and have been quite impressed with the AF I have seen thus far. But maybe I am missing something important. Thanks.

I have my X-T3, and think the video AF is great, at least with my 18-55. I mean I wouldn't use it if I was shooting a short film, but for everyday use (chasing my kids around), I think it's excellent, better than my old A6300 and light years ahead of my GH5.

I'm thinking maybe CyclingBen was referring specifically to that pancake lens in terms of inadequate video AF?

2 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Yup, exactly, much less than 5yrs!

And a year and half isn't too long to wait. 
I feel I've got less impatient as the years go by ?

Well bless you then, I absolutely look forward to the day when I have the self control to keep a camera more then 8 months, much less two years or one and a half years. Hopefully age will affect me the same way, because it's exhausting now. (Or I need to figure out a way to become wealthy enough to afford more than one camera at a time).

((Anyone looking to buy an excellent condition RX1Rm2 to help me pay off this X-T3?))

18 minutes ago, Brian Williams said:

Well bless you then, I absolutely look forward to the day when I have the self control to keep a camera more then 8 months, much less two years or one and a half years. Hopefully age will affect me the same way, because it's exhausting now. (Or I need to figure out a way to become wealthy enough to afford more than one camera at a time).

I've been pretty good in holding off in buying. 

Had my Panasonic G6 and Sony PMW-F3 each for over three years. 

My BMPCC for over four years. 

And the Nikon D5200 for well over five years. 

Sorry sorry sorry sorry

In my last post I missed a key bit of information. 

The 27mm pancake lens continuous auto focus is improved but still not good enough for video.

The other lenses I tried in my quick hour with camera yesterday and this morning (35mm, 18-55, 18-135 and 55-200) are all improved from the X-T2 and X-H1 and have pretty smooth transitions without changing any of the sensitivity settings.

Sorry for the confusion. @Brian Williams is absolutely correct I was only referring to the 27mm pancake lens

On another note I shot some footage in 24p 4k and 120p this morning of some ducks on a lake at sunrise with the 18-55.  The 120p looks very nice. Here is a quick snap from VLC player, hopefully it does it justice. 

vlcsnap-2018-09-24-08h43m46s910.png

6 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

I just received the tracking info on my EF-Fuji Auto focus Speedbooster. And as I suspected ebay was a bit optimistic with the expected delivery date. 
Now it looks like Friday but possibly not until monday.. the suspense is killing me :)

Awesome!

Which one did you go with?

6 minutes ago, Simon Young said:

Safe to say that the X-T3, like so many other cameras these days, is very capable of shooting narrative stuff.

There's no doubt. At this point I must admit that I am the weakest link. I will do some more test vs the GH5S. I still love the output from the S. But the Fuji brings a certain magic. I think it's something the Panasonic may lack. Granted I shot the GH5S using the 12-35mm f2.8 II, which imo is more clinical than magical. Fuji on the other hand, has many great lenses that ooze mojo. The Leica 42.5mm f1.2 can match the Fuji but that is only a single lens.