Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

Tested the Viltrox EF to Fuji AF adapter tonight. So far I've only tested it with the 50/1.8 STM and I must say, it's very fast. Not native fast, it's an adapter after all. But noticeably faster than the Viltrox Speedbooster on ny G85. And in general faster than any adapter combo I've ever tried.

But like I said, only tested with one lens in pretty bad light. Will test it more thoroughly tomorrow.

2018-09-19_07-49-05.thumb.jpg.5182776e7f513c9880749cba39450533.jpg

Yesterday I was street shooting with the G85. Everything was golden until I was shooting straight into the sun. The focus just started hunting like crazy and couldn't focus on backlit subjects. I then switched to a native lens and everything was fine, very fine to be exact.

Tonight I quickly tried to replicate the issue with the Fuji version but couldn't. It just worked.

Needs more testing but so far I don't really see why a Fuji shooter with EF glass wouldn't get one as long as the money isn't an issue.

2018-09-19_07-49-16.thumb.jpg.c654eb77df8fc70f8b666c8fe708ba6f.jpg

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

Tested the Viltrox EF to Fuji AF adapter tonight. So far I've only tested it with the 50/1.8 STM and I must say, it's very fast. Not native fast, it's an adapter after all. But noticeably faster than the Viltrox Speedbooster on ny G85. And in general faster than any adapter combo I've ever tried.

But like I said, only tested with one lens in pretty bad light. Will test it more thoroughly tomorrow.

2018-09-19_07-49-05.thumb.jpg.5182776e7f513c9880749cba39450533.jpg

Yesterday I was street shooting with the G85. Everything was golden until I was shooting straight into the sun. The focus just started hunting like crazy and couldn't focus on backlit subjects. I then switched to a native lens and everything was fine, very fine to be exact.

Tonight I quickly tried to replicate the issue with the Fuji version but couldn't. It just worked.

Needs more testing but so far I don't really see why a Fuji shooter with EF glass wouldn't get one as long as the money isn't an issue.

2018-09-19_07-49-16.thumb.jpg.c654eb77df8fc70f8b666c8fe708ba6f.jpg

Nice. Did you also try it in video mode?

8 minutes ago, Brian Williams said:

1. Compensation of distortion is optimized in CH shooting with electronic shutter.

2.The phenomenon is fixed that the mechanical LOCK of some SD cards is not recognized.

3.Fix of other slight defects

• Super Members

Ok, tested the Viltrox EF-FX adapter in daylight today. When shooting in manual everything is ok. When in aperture priority it gives you aperture shatter. Quite normal on Fuji cameras and nothing to worry about. But.. with EF motors it can get loud.

Regarding AF in daylight. I only have primes btw so no zoooms tested.
Its all single point. Tracking works but only so and so.

STILLS AF
28mm f1.8: Fast. Faster than a native 56mm but slower than the f2 WRs.
50mm f1.8 STM: Lightning fast. I cant compare but as fast or maybe even faster than a native f2 WR lens.
85mm f1.8: Decent, not the fastest lens so I can give it a B-.
200mm f2.8: Ok.. at best.. might be a deal breaker since I love that lens so much.

Video AF
28mm f1.8: Sucks!
50mm f1.8 STM: Sucks!
85mm f1.8: Sucks!
200mm f2.8: Sucks!

• Super Members
20 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Cheers. What is Aperture Shatter?

I guess its spelled "Chatter", sorry about that.

Its the camera opening and closing the aperture in order to expose for the live view. As soon as you half press the shutter it shuts up but before that it keeps on making minimal adjustments. I think all Fujis do that and the Leica Q if I remember correctly. Nothing one normally notices. But with a loud lens like the 35/1.4 bellow or a EF lens with adapter its more clunky and loud so I definitely notice it.
But in manual mode for video there is no problem and if one sets focus to manual with back button focus it also shuts up.