Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

3 hours ago, Attila Bakos said:

If they fixed it then that's the best solution :) FYI hlg was also interpreted incorrectly, I had to create a different matrix correction for that issue. I hope they fixed it as well.
I don't have the beta installed but it would be interesting to see if they only fixed this for Fujifilm files (as the changelog dictates), or in general. The issue is not specifically about Fujifilm files, but I guess Fuji people were the only one complaining.

didn't know there was the same issue with hlg.

well i use the ninja with the xt3 so internal files are only here as backup files.

so to fix my issue i have 2 options, 1 is convert all my files 2 buy your lut package

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 hours ago, thephoenix said:

didn't know there was the same issue with hlg.

well i use the ninja with the xt3 so internal files are only here as backup files.

so to fix my issue i have 2 options, 1 is convert all my files 2 buy your lut package

Yes, but hopefully they fixed all these issues in 16. Will report back once I can test it. I'm still on 15.

On 5/30/2019 at 8:10 AM, andrew_dotdot said:

A weird use case, but something to be aware of:

I was using a Tascam DR-60D mk2 to record audio, and then feeding the audio from the dedicated line out ("camera high") into the mic input of the X-T3. Worked great until I decided to use the same power bank to supply juice to both the camera and the recorder.

Everything was still great on the Tascam's audio, but the audio on the X-T3 had a weird data warble noise clearly audiable -- something between a modem or fax, and a mobile phone interference noise. Unplugging either of them from the power bank made the problem go away. It happened with my nice new PD-compatible battery, and with an older big power bank I have.

Works fine with them plugged into separate power banks, but it would have been nice to power the whole rig from a single battery.

Have you tried a different cable and a different powerbank?
Those would be my #1 guesses for the source of your problem. 

6 hours ago, Simon Young said:

Shot in HLG.

nice image.

it's funny how popular the xt3 seem to be in india or close countries. i've seen many nice footages and tutorials and tests from those countries when i was looking for xt3 infos

if you guys shop on amazon and want to be aware of the best prices i would highly recommand a simple browser extension that is called keepa.

basicaly it is a price tracker.

you can create alerts for deals or price drop, you have a graph of prices historic so you know if the actual price is high or low etc etc... and it works for all amazon countries, you set it up

i've been using it for 1year+ and it saved me ton of money

https://keepa.com

1 hour ago, jagnje said:

what sd cards do you guys use? 

I have one of these that I bought to go with the camera: Sony 128GB M Series UHS-II SDXC Memory Card (U3)

And I had one of these (like @Attila Bakos), which works just as well for all codecs and data rates as the above in my experience: SanDisk Extreme Pro SDXC V30 128GB 170MB/s

A card to definitely avoid is the SanDisk Ultra 80MB/s, which only works with data rates up to 100Mbits/s. I had a bunch of these for codec recording on Canon DSLRs.

What those "Ultra" cards do turn out to be good for, though (on a semi-related note) is for filming when the footage is going into my iPad Pro for quick editing in Luma Fusion. Apple has nerfed the iPads direct-import-from-SD-card capabilities to only accept up to 100Mbit/sec h.264 and 50Mbit/s h.265 -- all of which work comfortably with those cards. The iPad will edit better data rates than that, but you're forced to go via iTunes or other bad workarounds to get the clips onto the device.

1 minute ago, The ghost of squig said:

I've been using an old Sandisk Extreme Pro 128GB SDXC UHS-I with no problems recording 400Mbit/s HEVC. I just ordered 2 of the newer 170MB/s read ones, glad to hear they're working OK.

Is that old one the "95MB/s" card? -- I have a 64GB one of those, which I was pretty sure worked with all codecs, but I didn't dare put it on my list, since I'm at the office and the card's at home and I wasn't 100% sure it was the 95. If that's so, then I can agree with you, it has worked for me on the 400Mbit/sec codecs.

9 minutes ago, andrew_dotdot said:

Is that old one the "95MB/s" card? -- I have a 64GB one of those, which I was pretty sure worked with all codecs, but I didn't dare put it on my list, since I'm at the office and the card's at home and I wasn't 100% sure it was the 95. If that's so, then I can agree with you, it has worked for me on the 400Mbit/sec codecs.

Yeah it's the 95MB/s write card. Interestingly, Sandisk lowered the specified write speed on the 170MB/s read cards to 90MB/s write. 400Mbits/s write is only 50/MB/s so both cards have plenty of headroom. The faster read speed will be welcome ?

36 minutes ago, The ghost of squig said:

Yeah it's the 95MB/s write card. Interestingly, Sandisk lowered the specified write speed on the 170MB/s read cards to 90MB/s write. 400Mbits/s write is only 50/MB/s so both cards have plenty of headroom. The faster read speed will be welcome ?

The headroom is smaller, the X-T3 can't write this card at full speed. It's somewhere between 60-70 MB/s, but it's still enough. It all depends on the actual body, afaik the GH5 can't even write at 50 MB/s to this card.

On 6/6/2019 at 4:12 AM, IronFilm said:

Have you tried a different cable and a different powerbank?
Those would be my #1 guesses for the source of your problem. 

Yeah, I tried it with my new PD power bank and compared it to my old “regular” power bank and it was the same thing. I moved the audio cables around to try to see if/where there was some interference coming in there, but I never heard it change.

I’m going to rebuild it one time just to see if it was a fluke. If it changes, I’ll post again. 

1 hour ago, thephoenix said:

trying again, maybe i'll get more luck this time.

still can't trigger the camera with my nucleus nano and my moza air 2, has anyone found a cable than can trigger the cam ?

There's a cable for Moza Air 2 to trigger X-T3 via E3 port on the right side of the camera:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.0.0.13262e8dxtuDsn&id=584060126529&_u=5nl7sp1f68f