Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

2 hours ago, frontfocus said:

yes, it’s your lenses. The  18mm and 35mm f/1.4  are the oldest lenses and use loud motors. Newer lenses are better. Some by a bit, some by a lot. The f/2.0 primes are very good, the zooms are noiseless

Interesting. I am happy with my manual samyang vdslr lenses on my XT3, but I would like to have at least one XF lens with autofocus. I still think between 35mmF1.4 and 35mmF2. After the April’s update 3.0, do you think the 35 / F2 will be better (at least better suited) than the F1.4 for video?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

If audio is a big concern, then get the f/2.0

the f/1.4 is a very nice lens with incredible look. but the focus motor is loud. The f/2.0 also focuses faster in stills. i got the 1.4. I don’t record audio with build in mic or in the hotshoe and if the mic isn’t too close the loud motor is no problem

I don’t think the update will change anything about that, since that’s all due to different hardware. 

8 minutes ago, frontfocus said:

If audio is a big concern, then get the f/2.0

the f/1.4 is a very nice lens with incredible look. but the focus motor is loud. The f/2.0 also focuses faster in stills. i got the 1.4. I don’t record audio with build in mic or in the hotshoe and if the mic isn’t too close the loud motor is no problem

I don’t think the update will change anything about that, since that’s all due to different hardware. 

Thanks. No, audio is not a problem. I record audio with build in mic only as a reference for sync.
I will still take some time before buying one or the other.

8 minutes ago, frontfocus said:

Yeah, take your time testing. Different af-c settings for example. It’s nothing you should decide without really thinking about it

I can’t test  autofocus settings, I have no XF lenses (only manual samyang vdslr). But I will take time to watch reviews on youtube and ask questions on this forum if needed.

hi guys

i noticed that when i use a vintage lens with an adapter (pentax to ef and ef to fuji x for exemple) i don't have any focus peaking

is it normal ?

also, is it possible to record with a 2.5mm jack ? it would be to plug it to the tilta nucleus nano and being able to record from the hand unit

well...

tried to set sharpness to 0 (was -4 before) it worked.

then went back to -4 and it works as well

so maybe something was wrong with the pentax canon adapter yesterday...

anyway it works fine now even at -4 sharpness.

thanks for the help

bought a 2.5mm cable, will get it on monday, so will try to trigger the camera with the nucleus nano

FWIW i made decent coin doing pro work using XT2. I was able to bring that camera in parts of the world were anything more conspicuous might have gotten me in trouble.

An often underrated aspect of these Fuji's is most people take them for retro film cameras!

The only thing that's given me cold feet about XT3 is all these build quality issues. Really hope they get back to the Sendai manufacturing plant for XH2 etc..