Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Attila Bakos said:

That's what I thought when the issue appeared. I don't think it will be fixed.

That's what I was thinking too. I think a monitor with LUT is a better solution to record LOG and check a REC 709 image. Combination XT3, monitor SWIT 55C, Anker 26000 (to supply power both) is perfect in my fiction work.

6D01C376-9B58-41B1-8FEE-6123945A1296.jpeg

0CF663D2-56CB-449E-BE25-3C803462A13D.jpeg

1 hour ago, BrunoCH said:

That's what I was thinking too. I think a monitor with LUT is a better solution to record LOG and check a REC 709 image. Combination XT3, monitor SWIT 55C, Anker 26000 (to supply power both) is perfect in my fiction work.

In the pictures your monitor wasn't actually powered via micro USB ?

New member here so appreciate I have next to zero credibility, but an XT3 user specifically for video.

I was using an XH1 last year and an XT20 the year prior, but the XT3 is by far and away the best hybrid I have used to date.

I use mine on a Sirui freestanding monopod only so have no issues with it not having IBIS (and use my XH1 for anything handheld).

I don't use any native lenses, but principally the Sigma 18-35 with variable ND and the Fringer Pro and eye AF and whilst it's not quite as fast as Fuji's own zooms, it's actually pretty good, even in low light.

Where I find Fuji's eye and face AF doesn't work so well is at a distance, but the April firmware looks like it's going to make it quite special.

When I need something longer, I swap over to the Samyang 50mm T1.3 which is a superb '75mm' equiv option. Manual focus only.

But why the Sigma 18-35 over any native options?

Quite simply, f1.8 throughout the focal range. Meanwhile, Fuji's own 16-55mm is at f2.8 and the 18-55mm at the longer end, f4.

As a wedding photographer who also shoots video, the low light capability is a must for me as is having AF for the times when I need the camera to be recording whilst I'm shooting stills at the same time, such as entrances/exits/confetti etc.

Heavy/bulky? Yup, a bit, but a couple of inches shorter than the MK lens and including the adapter, faster and 1/5th of the price...though I'm considering one for next year!

Want to go lightweight and mobile... the pancake-like 15-45mm is great outdoors.

Ninja V next to replace the Feelworld 5" I was running last year.

1 hour ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Messing around with my XT-3 last night. Used minolta lenses 24mm 2.8 and 135mm 2.8 Shot with Eterna, no color corrections, just a couple curve adjustments here and there. 

Looks good. Are you in the Northeast? It snowed here last night too. 

44 minutes ago, jbCinC_12 said:

Thanks.  So that's almost full-frame, be it an Academy ratio size sensor (ASP-C).  Is it true that there's a crop issue (output) from what androidlad posted?

Yeah there is a crop if you want to shoot in Flog and view it as a film simulation like Eterna. So you either have to get an external recorder that can use a LUT to preview the image or just monitor with Flog in camera, or just deal with the crop. 

1 minute ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Yeah there is a crop if you want to shoot in Flog and view it as a film simulation like Eterna. So you either have to get an external recorder that can use a LUT to preview the image or just monitor with Flog in camera, or just deal with the crop. 

I see.  Thanks.