Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

This preview revealed some interesting details not announced by Fujifilm:

HLG mode seems to have a minimum ISO of 1000, as indicated by the yellow text on screen.

4K 50/60P can now be recorded as in-camera conformed 25/30P, and it works with ALL-I compression. Crop factor 1.18x is now part of on-screen info display.

12 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Has anyone tried adapting lenses to the Fuji xt3 with a Fringer adapter? I am interested in the auto focus reliability in video and how it compares to native lenses. 

I've tried the Viltrox with mixed results, have a Fringer on order. I'm hoping the Fringer will have better lens compatibility, make my Canon lens' IS function properly, and have faster autofocus. Otherwise I'll send it back and keep the Viltrox. I do like how responsive Fringer seem to be regarding firmware updates.

2 hours ago, austinchimp said:

I've tried the Viltrox with mixed results, have a Fringer on order. I'm hoping the Fringer will have better lens compatibility, make my Canon lens' IS function properly, and have faster autofocus. Otherwise I'll send it back and keep the Viltrox. I do like how responsive Fringer seem to be regarding firmware updates.

for the viltrox it seems that you have to downgrade the firmware to get proper is. at least that is what happening with bm4k, maybe the same with fuji.

9 hours ago, austinchimp said:

Let me know what kind of results you get. I'd love to use something like a 70-200mm or 85 1.8

On 11/16/2018 at 3:31 AM, austinchimp said:

I tried the Viltrox with a tamron 24-70 2.8 IS and Canon 35 f2 IS and IS doesn't work. I am on the firmware 2.14. I tried downgrade but it doesn't work.

On 11/16/2018 at 6:44 PM, thebrothersthre3 said:

Let me know what kind of results you get. I'd love to use something like a 70-200mm or 85 1.8

The Fringer is working with all my lens's I.S. now. After updating the firmware on the adaptor it seems to work better than the Viltrox. Annoying really as I'm going to have to keep it and send back the Viltrox, and the Viltrox is half the price!

AF-C fails under some circumstances, but I'm hoping I'll get some usable results. Getting IS on my EF lenses was my main concern and that seems to be working so far.