Fuji X-T3 and X-T4 discussion

Andrew Reid

On 10/7/2018 at 12:09 AM, DBounce said:

Here is a quick shootout of the Fuji X-T3, Canon 1DXMk2, Canon C200 and Panasonic GH5S. Granted FCPX refused to not blowout some of the footage of camera B. It's displayed correctly in some of the head to head comparisons. I think it might have been caused by a software bug in FCPX. In any case all four cameras were filming in base ISO in controlled lighting. Opinions welcomed.

Nice test. How would they have compared if their standard profiles were used, ungraded?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, deezid said:

Quite offtopic, but did you try Pro color profile with still gamma? Bit contrasty but colors look good to me (except for bright blues)

Jon's joking, Dennis, because you can everything you want or are able to produce from your skills. No need to mention the absence of them : D Neither its opposite, that is, go figure if you shoot like a certain Schmitz ; ) 

8 hours ago, DBounce said:

@webrunner5 I can't imagine that the Canon execs are sitting around sweating bullets about anything that BMD is releasing. However, Fuji may have gotten their attention as they certainly seemed to have gotten Sony's.

No updated clue today on them but I recall that one ; -)

eos_5d_mark_ii_video.jpg

5d_firmware_poster_march2010.jpg

About retail, you can be sure of that. BTW, let me link this one to someone : -D

On 10/6/2018 at 11:42 AM, norliss said:

Build a Hackintosh?

On 10/6/2018 at 12:30 PM, A_Urquhart said:

This. 

It's the best solution if you want to stick with the MacOS.

I've considered this, but 2 problems:

1. I'm not tech savvy and reading about computer components is like greek to me. I simply don't understand it. It's like most people with car: We know how to drive and fill it with gas, but we're not mechanics.

2. I'm on the move and prefer something I can carry in a bag. I'm a minimalist in every way.

So back to the main questions several pages later: Anyone with a recent Macbook or iMac that can tell me about HEVC performance?

22 hours ago, androidlad said:

I heard an X-T3 owner who received the first batch of Ninja V shipment say that X-T3 can output 1080p 120fps via HDMI, when the high speed option is switched on in the menu. Can anyone confirm?

Not sure, but I have Ninja V arriving Thursday. I'll share what I find. I can tell you, I was unable to find a manual for the Ninja V on Atomos's website.

My X-T3 just arrived, and the first thing I checked was that Auto ISO problem. Well, Auto ISO works perfectly fine, transitions seem smooth to me. Auto shutter is also fine. Auto aperture however looks exactly like on the examples people reported as being an Auto ISO problem. I believe they left the camera on auto aperture. Will do more testing later.

2 minutes ago, Attila Bakos said:

My X-T3 just arrived, and the first thing I checked was that Auto ISO problem. Well, Auto ISO works perfectly fine, transitions seem smooth to me. Auto shutter is also fine. Auto aperture however looks exactly like on the examples people reported as being an Auto ISO problem. I believe they left the camera on auto aperture. Will do more testing later.

Which lens were you testing?

On 9/27/2018 at 6:56 AM, CyclingBen said:

Screengrab from today’s shoot at Trek with the X-T3. 35mm F2, Acros. If I can share actual video legally, I will. Cyclocross footage competition is simply the best I’ve seen since the first time I shot with the C100 5 or 6 years ago. Auto focus worked really well, not perfect, not canon PDAF, but really really good. 

04F2214B-0DF7-4AED-A80F-D18C2BB472D5.jpeg

Used to own a cyclocross bike! Wish I still had it. 
Got drunk last year and lost it....   I'd get a cyclocross bike again if I saw a bargain priced one again.

Purchased another bicycle today, just a cheapie with Alu frame + carbon fork + Tiagra groupset.