First 14bit RAW video frame extracted from 5D Mark IV with Magic Lantern!!

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Extracting the raw video After the release of  EOS R means that there is Some cooperation between  canon and Magic Lantern .. Results will not differ from 5d mark III i I guess .. the real deal will happen when the raw video extracted from canon 1dx mark II Because of the cfast crad

2 hours ago, kaylee said:

is this like... on the table? is that possible??? ?

No it's not. The max resolution in full sensor mode is 2240x1260. 

4K raw is barely possible, the SD card interface max writing speed is 95MB/s just like the CF card interface in 5D3. Which means with 10 bit compressed raw around 3.5K will be the max possible for continuous shooting. And because of the 30MP sensor  it's gonna be over 2x crop.

But let's hope for the best.

1 minute ago, Bioskop.Inc said:

Isn't it the 1DCMk2? They have been warned off these cameras, which is why they never tried to hack the 1DC.

The detail in that half-image is amazing!

1DXMk2... need coffee. Warned off? Didn’t phone manufacturers loses a similar suit about custom roms? 

1 minute ago, DBounce said:

1DXMk2... need coffee. Warned off? Didn’t phone manufacturers loses a similar suit about custom roms? 

That happened a while ago, they stated that Canon didn't want them hacking their C Series camera, which I think included the 1DC. But, the real problem is going to be access to this camera, as this has been a stumbling block in the past for some of the cameras. Anywho, even if they get stable continuous 2 or 3k out of this, it'll be worth it & knowing the ML teams dogged attitude, they'll probably get 4K running after a while.

4 minutes ago, Bioskop.Inc said:

That happened a while ago, they stated that Canon didn't want them hacking their C Series camera, which I think included the 1DC. But, the real problem is going to be access to this camera, as this has been a stumbling block in the past for some of the cameras. Anywho, even if they get stable continuous 2 or 3k out of this, it'll be worth it & knowing the ML teams dogged attitude, they'll probably get 4K running after a while.

Well more reason to focus on the 1DXMK2... it is not a “C” camera. I’m thinking the 14 bit raw output from a 1DXMK2 would blow my C200 out of the water. The code has to be pretty similar. 

2 minutes ago, DBounce said:

Well more reason to focus on the 1DXMK2... it is not a “C” camera.

Yeah, it might happen, but will probably need someone to donate/lend them one to do the work on or be a guinea pig. If you've got one, go to the forum & ask - they are the most friendly/helpful bunch i've ever encountered for a forum.