How Do I Make This Color Grade?

Snowbro

This is from a photo I took, adjusted in LR, then added a 3d lut in photoshop. I cannot get the exact same colors I want in the shadows in premiere pro..

The lut I applied in PS was the ETERNA 250D Kodak 2395; I can't export this as a Lut, because the only adjustments I did were applying the Lut on top of LR adjustments. 

My main problem is, I cannot get the shadows to look exactly like this usually. I want that really clean brown you can see here (was green before LR + PS). It's not an orange and teal look really, it retains the natural colors from the scenes, minus whatever is in the shadows, but turns it a nice rich brown color. 

I was getting somewhat close with the rgb curves, raising the red in shadows, dropping the green and blue shadow curve. It was just more orange, not a natural brown look though. Btw, is there a way to do a slight orton effect in a video? I couldn't find anything, I did a 9% one here and added sharpening back. 

Oh yeah; the shadows were slightly bluish from LR, before applying the Eterna Kodak lut

(have to click on the linked image to see, shadows are too dark in preview for some reason)

MessAroundSmokeFlare.thumb.jpg.926cc7bf755819c7c4a0d433b2a5751e.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
26 minutes ago, Robert Collins said:

Maybe I am missing something but why not simply export your LR settings as a LUT from LR and then use that with the Eterna LUT in Premiere Pro.

I was actually trying that; for some reason I cannot get two seperate luts on one adjustment layer to save as a single lut from lumetri color. I can do the combination by having the lut I made on the clip, then put the eterna kodak lut on an adjustment layer. However, when I copy the lumetri color (with my lut applied) on the clip and paste it into the adjustment layer, it overrides the eterna kodak. It just creates two lumetri color adjustments with my lut on each of them. Not sure how to save the combo yet.  

1 hour ago, Snowbro said:

I was actually trying that; for some reason I cannot get two seperate luts on one adjustment layer to save as a single lut from lumetri color. I can do the combination by having the lut I made on the clip, then put the eterna kodak lut on an adjustment layer. However, when I copy the lumetri color (with my lut applied) on the clip and paste it into the adjustment layer, it overrides the eterna kodak. It just creates two lumetri color adjustments with my lut on each of them. Not sure how to save the combo yet.  

In Lumetri color with Premiere Pro you can place one LUT in the 'basic' panel and one LUT in the 'creative' panel.

44 minutes ago, Robert Collins said:

In Lumetri color with Premiere Pro you can place one LUT in the 'basic' panel and one LUT in the 'creative' panel.

I'll check it out tomorrow, thanks 

19 minutes ago, Deadcode said:

Use Colorizer. It was created by @Attila Bakos and this is exaclty what it was made for.

Nice image!

Yeah, that's how I have created a handful of luts. Just trying to combine 2

15 minutes ago, Grimor said:

You always can try with the "color match" feature on premiere pro using your still as reference:

I tried that, it didnt work for me. Maybe if I used a very similar scene it would. I have had decent success matching drone footage with it before! I didnt know if anyone has gotten perfect natural looking browns for shadows before & what their curves etc looked like. 

On 9/10/2018 at 8:16 AM, Snowbro said:

I'll check it out tomorrow, thanks 

Yeah, that's how I have created a handful of luts. Just trying to combine 2

Well I just created another tool, which does exactly that, it can combine/merge 3DLUTs: http://colorizer.net/index.php?op=lut_combiner

It's in beta testing state, please tell me if you find any errors.