8K...

Emanuel

...is coming: 

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-8k-tvs-spotted-at-ifa-2018

Hard to believe they will release the next GH series toy going on 8K parade: 

http://personal-view.com/talks/discussion/19798/panasonic-gh6-first-rumors#Item_1

On the other hand, they will quickly need it or how do they sell such display sets?

(Samsung will have them in my domestic market until this Christmas in-between 65"-85")

Ready for?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

This is dumb, there is no demand other than the demand they're trying to create for 8k.

Heck most content I watch on my 55 inch 4K TV is still only available in 1080. The only 4K I do watch is the occasional movie when it's available.

I feel like, based on the standard TV size most people have, that there's a diminishing return on higher resolution video anyway. How much better does 4K look on a 42 inch TV compared to 1080? And can most people, especially sitting 15 feet away, tell the difference? 

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, dhessel said:

Ridiculous marketing ploy, 8k is utterly useless in a home tv.

True. Unless anyone has a wife planning on a 200 inch TV for decoration? No? I thought not!

8 minutes ago, newfoundmass said:

This is dumb, there is no demand other than the demand they're trying to create for 8k.

People are dumb. They see a higher number and think it's better.

8k would be nice on a 100" screen if you are 8 ft away in your living room.  If you are 16ft away a 4k 100" screen will do just as well as an 8k screen.  Seems to me resolution is not what makes a great image alone, but all other things being equal shooting at 4k vs HD is beneficial.  Now, the way I edit, I pan and zoom to reframe in post so I can't really deliver HD if I shoot in HD, I have to shoot higher than HD to deliver HD.  Given the choice I will shoot 4k.

6 hours ago, Snowbro said:

I would take a 1080p scanning laser projector (if they made a big consumer one) over a 4k/8k projector. I guess they dont make a consumer one bigger than an iPhone for safety reasons? Some movie theaters have them and they are gorgeous 

Same. Give me 1080p HDR Laser projector over 8K any day. I had to replace my 1080p plasma when it died and replaced it with a 4k led. So much worse for motion and color. And I never view 4K content on it.

3 hours ago, Geoff CB said:

Same. Give me 1080p HDR Laser projector over 8K any day. I had to replace my 1080p plasma when it died and replaced it with a 4k led. So much worse for motion and color. And I never view 4K content on it.

I kept my plasma forever too. I got an lg 65 4k oled and it is extremely good. I just really want the same quality of an image at 150", that's dreaming right now haha. The micro led technology looks good for the future, modular screens. 

I had a 65 inch and it was way too big. Nearly took up my entire wall! I don't think I'd have a place to put a 150 inch TV! 

2 hours ago, Shirozina said:

Just writing this on a UHD laptop screen and I'm thinking if it was extended in size to 8k/32" it would look very nice indeed!

I don't think you'd even notice the difference between 4K and 8K at 32 inches would you? 

9 hours ago, newfoundmass said:

I had a 65 inch and it was way too big. Nearly took up my entire wall! I don't think I'd have a place to put a 150 inch TV! 

I don't think you'd even notice the difference between 4K and 8K at 32 inches would you? 

Depends on how close I sit. If it was a 32" TV the other side of the room no but as a PC monitor I sit close to then yes I would.