Sony a7SIII - Full Frame 4K 60fps 10bit with Flip Out Screen

Dave Maze

3 minutes ago, Oliver Daniel said:

I think the A7SIII will fold out to reveal a built in A7III and A7RIII, shoot with all 4k cameras at once to create a 12k image! Could see that taking off! ?

In all honesty,  I think the A7SIII will have 4k60p (S35 cropped), 10 bit external, PDAF, windowed HD 240fps, few more MP and one surprise thrown in. 

I think they could have took the A7S III back into development due to the new Panasonic offering. 

In conclusion, there’s so many cameras now, that it’s not really that important anymore. GH5 going nowhere. It’s working. All is good. 

4K 60P full readout, 4K 120P 1:1 crop.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
15 hours ago, androidlad said:

AXS-R7 Memory Recorder (7500USD)

That already exists (and is a teeny teeny bit cheaper):

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1279510-REG/sony_axs_r7_external_4k_raw.html

11 hours ago, jonpais said:

Sony’s game is to get photographers to upgrade to a $10,000 cinema camera from an entry level MILC?

I'd guess the bare body (the "brain") will be less than half that cost. 

It is all the extra add ons and accessories which will push it up close to FS7 pricing. 

1 hour ago, wolf33d said:

Proof that these rumors are BS. What this has to do with A7S...

What's BS about that? The add-on unit(s) allow A7S III to interface with AXS-R7. The previous post was a rundown of total cost for full blown RAW workflow.

I wouldn't even call it rumour, as it's part of NDA lifts, we'll see more soon.

4 minutes ago, androidlad said:

What's BS about that? The add-on unit(s) allow A7S III to interface with AXS-R7. The previous post was a rundown of total cost for full blown RAW workflow.

I wouldn't even call it rumour, as it's part of NDA lifts, we'll see more soon.

So the A7S will interface with a F5 recorder ? What for...? It's totally different lines of equipment both in term of price and size and so on. 
External pro module for A7S ok, but interfacing with this thing? 

4K120p, that would be nice for sure. No IBIS would be a big big deal breaker so I hope you are wrong. In fact I would rather have 4K60p "only" + IBIS than 4K120p. 
And if this camera only does 8 bits and need those expensive big recorders to do 10bit that's a pity too yet not a deal breaker for me. 

One of the better interviews with Sony at Photokina re: simplifying menus, changing color of AF points, bitrates, eye AF, shutter closing when turning off camera, top LCD screens, how they made the new 24mm f/1.4 so small and lightweight, increasing functionality of the play memories app, rotating information when shooting in portrait mode, and more.

33 minutes ago, padam said:

It not going to output RAW, plain and simple. Because it is going to be much more megapixels than most lower-end RAW-capable cameras, the signal has to be processed and scaled down internally to produce a 10-bit 4:2:2 4k output.

It is going to. With the add-on units.

• Administrators

You can scale down raw as well. Raw can be pixel binned. How do you think Magic Lantern 1080p raw is possible from a 22MP sensor?

Raw can even be multi-frame composites like on the Google Pixel 3.

You need to realise that raw video exists on every camera that shoots compressed video. It sits there in the frame buffer, before being sent for processing.

3 minutes ago, androidlad said:

It is going to. With the add-on units.

So what you're saying is you've got to purchase a $7,000 external recorder in order to get RAW from the a7s III?

That recorder is to attach to a cinema camera body, not a mirrorless hybrid, isn't it?

I'm totally confused.

The rumours don't seem that likely. If there is external raw I sure hope they just put an sdi port on it and call it a day. The axs modules are huge bricks and if that's the only way to get the raw out the rig would be quite a hassle compared to an atomos recorder.

3 minutes ago, johnnyd said:

The rumours don't seem that likely. If there is external raw I sure hope they just put an sdi port on it and call it a day. The axs modules are huge bricks and if that's the only way to get the raw out the rig would be quite a hassle compared to an atomos recorder.

It really makes no sense to me at all. Sony is partners with Atomos after all. 

Calm down guys, even SAR doesnt relay those rumors lol so probability of this is low. 

6 hours ago, jonpais said:

One of the better interviews with Sony at Photokina re: simplifying menus, changing color of AF points, bitrates, eye AF, shutter closing when turning off camera, top LCD screens, how they made the new 24mm f/1.4 so small and lightweight, increasing functionality of the play memories app, rotating information when shooting in portrait mode, and more.

Good questions indeed. But the answer is always the same and we learn nothing.